UM 2+ Octoprint problems

MattMay

Posted · UM 2+ Octoprint problems

Hi Guys,

I have only had the UM 2+ for 24 hours and have never touched a 3D printer before so please excuse my lack of knowledge on the subject. I have installed octoprint on a raspberry pi with the camera module and it appears to be working, however I am unable to print anything, I have no control over the printer. I have connected to the printer and can upload jobs but I cannot get any prints to work. I have read pages of information and changed the settings in Cura to Marlin/Sprinter as someone else recommended but I a getting nowhere fast.

Any Ideas or pointers please?

Yes reprap/marlin/sprinter is correct.

We need more details. Have you gotten the printer to work through the SD card?

What doesn't work through octoprint exactly. Is octoprint able to read back the settings of the printer such as temperature? Does the printer start moving when you tell it to print but no plastic comes out? More details please.

Thank you for the quick reply.

Ok here goes, I can print fine using an SD card in the UM2+, When I try to use octoprint I do see a red and blue line on the temperature graph so I assume it is getting a temperature reading. I can upload a file the press the print button button and looking in the logs the status changes to "printing" the printer does not start moving and no plastic is released from the nozzle. Eventualy I get a timeout error in the logs.

Posted (edited) · UM 2+ Octoprint problems

This might be an OctoPrint issue. Take a look at the OctoPrint system logs on your device (Raspberry Pi I guess). Should be in the home dir where you put OctoPrint.

Edited by Guest

I will try and check the logs this morning to see if I am missing something.

@vince805 yes the baud rate is set to 250000 and I am using gcode files created with Cura

I have attached a settings screenshot.5a331a6e7c9c2_octoprintsettings.thumb.JPG.4c458e12a9c3c2d33c0a893d01b9890f.JPG

5a331a6e7c9c2_octoprintsettings.thumb.JPG.4c458e12a9c3c2d33c0a893d01b9890f.JPG

I will try and check the logs this morning to see if I am missing something.

@vince805 yes the baud rate is set to 250000 and I am using gcode files created with Cura

I have attached a settings screenshot.5a331a6e7c9c2_octoprintsettings.thumb.JPG.4c458e12a9c3c2d33c0a893d01b9890f.JPG

I have checked the logs and dont see anything obvious, I am getting the following output in terminal:

Changing monitoring state from 'Operational' to 'Closed'

Connecting to: /dev/ttyACM0

Changing monitoring state from 'Offline' to 'Opening serial port'

Connected to: Serial(port='/dev/ttyACM0', baudrate=250000, bytesize=8, parity='N', stopbits=1, timeout=15.0, xonxoff=False, rtscts=False, dsrdtr=False), starting monitor

Changing monitoring state from 'Opening serial port' to 'Connecting'

Send: N0 M110 N0*125

Recv: echo:Unknown command: ""

Recv: ok

Changing monitoring state from 'Connecting' to 'Operational'

Connection closed, closing down monitor

Recv: echo:Unknown com��"��

Changing monitoring state from 'Operational' to 'Printing'

Communication timeout while printing, trying to trigger response from printer. Configure long running commands or increase communication timeout if that happens regularly on specific commands or long moves.

Send: N1 M21*17

Recv: echo:SD card ok

Communication timeout while printing, trying to trigger response from printer. Configure long running commands or increase communication timeout if that happens regularly on specific commands or long moves.

Send: N2 M105*37

Recv: ok T:23.4 /0.0 B��"��{�Y^ok T

5a331a6e7c9c2_octoprintsettings.thumb.JPG.4c458e12a9c3c2d33c0a893d01b9890f.JPG

Well that portion of the log file looks okay I guess. For example it sent an M105 and got back that the temperature of the nozzle was 23.4C.

Maybe you should look further down in the log file. marlin gcodes can be found here:

http://reprap.org/wiki/G-code#M110:_Set_Current_Line_Number

• Like 1

Well that portion of the log file looks okay I guess.  For example it sent an M105 and got back that the temperature of the nozzle was 23.4C.

Maybe you should look further down in the log file.  marlin gcodes can be found here:

http://reprap.org/wiki/G-code#M110:_Set_Current_Line_Number

Thanks for the information I will take a look