Cura Connect | Survey Read more... ×
Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
ShailenP

Printer stops printing randomly

Its been a while I have been use UM2 Extended....This is the problem I have been facing. The printer stops printing randomly. Most of the times I manage to get complete good quality prints but regardless of print job time, it just stops after printing a little bit. Both the heaters cool down and nozzle does not even go back to its park position. Please help me out figure a solution. Because of this i do not have any certainty that it will print successfully. Thank you.

Hi and welcome to the forums.

Does the display show something when the printer stops? Something like "Error Stopped Temp Sensor"?

If that's the case, check first it the metallic fan shroud does not touch the nozzle. This puts extra stress on the heater and might trigger a temperature failsafe mechanism in the firmware.

If that's not the case, check for any loose wires at the bottom of the printer. You can take off the board cover, it is held in place by two screws at the bottom.

Does it happen randomly even if you re-print the same file or does it stop at the same place? In the latter case it could be that the file wasn't written fully to the card, make sure you use the "Eject" function before removing the SDCard from the computer.

Hello guys, thanks for the response..

It does not show any errors regarding temperature sensors. It shows the same screen to begin new print. Also it stops randomly and the extruder does not return to the park position.

Also, I do make sure to use 'Eject' before removing the SD card from computer

Also there are no electricity cuts to stop the printing process. What else can be the reason ?

Let me know if anyone has faced the same problem.