Ultimaker Original Dual Fan Upgrade | Contributed by Neotko

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Posted · Ultimaker Original Dual Fan Upgrade | Contributed by Neotko

Why there's holes? S3D showed a perfect no holes stuff...

No holes, perfect print, but it is time to join the rest of the family for the new year's eve...

• Like 1

Why there's holes? S3D showed a perfect no holes stuff...

No holes, perfect print, but it is time to join the rest of the family for the new year's eve...

Have fun and enjoy the 2017!!

• Like 1

Thinking about an E3d version...

This looks beautiful.

A very nice addition to you E3d-V6 mount which is also on my list for modifications to my old UMO.

• Like 1

Posted (edited) · Ultimaker Original Dual Fan Upgrade | Contributed by Neotko

The 'benchy's are vey god on both. I had to increase the temperature with the E3D, but that dark green PLA is quite old (or is it the ruby nozzle requiring more temp...)

I know there are some (strong) opinions about the (3mm) E3D hot end not being suitable for PLA, but the main reason for me was to be able to print at higher temperatures. I have printed Polymaker PC-Max at 260-265°C without problems, something you can't do with the stock hot end.

If you want to print hotter there aren't many option. UM2 hot end would be another route, but not the same price tag.

Now if you just print in the 200-235°C range, I don't see any reason to go for the E3D, a well maintained stock hot end is just perfect.

Edited by Guest

Forgot to say that I posted the fiber plate mod for the stock UMO hot end as well:

https://www.youmagine.com/designs/mod-for-neotko-s-symmetric-dual-fans-umo-umo-40mm

• Like 1

Posted (edited) · Ultimaker Original Dual Fan Upgrade | Contributed by Neotko

Today had some fun printing a hard overhang on the worst place (arranged the print objects so they get the least fan time).

IMG_4294.thumb.JPG.946b5bcea24693ba7428c07f96663283.JPG

IMG_4295.thumb.JPG.69aa10f131e8efba767ec376de361def.JPG

Using olsson ruby, black greentec pla. Speed 60-70mm/s 0.2 layer height

IMG_4294.thumb.JPG.946b5bcea24693ba7428c07f96663283.JPG

IMG_4295.thumb.JPG.69aa10f131e8efba767ec376de361def.JPG

Edited by Guest
    • Like 1

Just finished printing this in ColorFabb XT-CF20 and while sitting there looking at my

first carbon print, i saw a E3D silicone sock on the table......so the part of the silicone sock covering the nozzle just fit in the nozzle hole in the fanduct :)

I took sizzors and cut out just the nozzle covering silicone and mount it in the fanduct hole and mounted the thing

IMAG0399.thumb.jpg.d5ba4cfc0628ca93272d77e7bc9f2d5a.jpg

looks good, doing a test print now...

IMAG0399.thumb.jpg.d5ba4cfc0628ca93272d77e7bc9f2d5a.jpg

• Like 2

That's a great idea! They are cheap and already manufactured. I will buy some. Maybe it could have an slot to insert it after cutting it (for easy off/on/swapnozzle).

Coolcoolcool

If you look at my pictures a couple of post higher you will see the E3D sock...

Although most of the advantages of the sock goes away with this fancap (as there is no air stream going directly to the block) it still protects the nozzle from collecting material, so I left it as well.

That's a great idea! They are cheap and already manufactured. I will buy some. Maybe it could have an slot to insert it after cutting it (for easy off/on/swapnozzle).

Coolcoolcool

Yeah, the whole fanduct needs to come off for nozzlechange, a slot would be helpful, its printing very well, if it matters, atleast the tip of the nozzle is covered in silicone and gets less exposed to air from the fans :)

Just ordered 6 so there's margin of error. A slot to open should be easy yo make, or a slipin/slipout system, since that must be flexible and the nozzle would keep it in place? Will do something when it arrives.

• Like 1

oh...yeah, didnt notice that :) For a e3d v6 heater the sock makes sense,

I ordered these socks but they dont fit the ultimaker heater block, but with this fanduct its possible to just use the tip, as the fanduct holds it in place.

If you look at my pictures a couple of post higher you will see the E3D sock...

Although most of the advantages of the sock goes away with this fancap (as there is no air stream going directly to the block) it still protects the nozzle from collecting material, so I left it as well.

success, printed this in Colorfabb XT with the sock on

IMAG0403.thumb.jpg.e36b82f753322aa95b191a08ff36fa2c.jpg

the nozzle right after the print, both the Colorfabb XT and Ngen droops alot so its always a mess on the nozzle, I hope this will prevent this :)

IMAG0405.thumb.jpg.9e3d2492433ffa02af4acfe70cab8542.jpg

IMAG0403.thumb.jpg.e36b82f753322aa95b191a08ff36fa2c.jpg

IMAG0405.thumb.jpg.9e3d2492433ffa02af4acfe70cab8542.jpg