Cura 2.1 open beta has been released!

SandervG

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted · Cura 2.1 open beta has been released!

Just played a bit with the TweakAtZ plugin.

Seems that the (mis)function depends on the printerprofile and may be have something to do with the heated bed:

If I use e.g. the Ultimaker 2+ profile all works fine and the changes in the gcode are present. If I use e.g. the RigidBot Profile there is the error and in the console on save I get:

2016-05-18 10:21:29,917 - ERROR - Script raised the following exception 'bedTemp'

b.t.w.: @nallath, is there a way to get the {material_used} and {print_time} information out of the main screen into the gcode file?

5a331d351ff17_Cura2.1_info.JPG.b27c57bb10ed5ea5d72964792037000b.JPG

A wild Nallath appears!

It already does that. For the UM2 family it adds the ;material and ;time as a comment to the g-code.

The ;material is in cubic mm, ;time is in sec.

A wild Nallath appears!

It already does that. For the UM2 family it adds the ;material and ;time as a comment to the g-code.

The ;material is in cubic mm, ;time is in sec.

Great - and how can we re-use that also in the UMO gcode? :-)

Uh, there is no easy way to do that at the moment (unless you think writing scripts for post processing is easy)

:-(

Just played a bit with the TweakAtZ plugin.

Seems that the (mis)function depends on the printerprofile and may be have something to do with the heated bed:

If I use e.g. the Ultimaker 2+ profile all works fine and the changes in the gcode are present. If I use e.g. the RigidBot Profile there is the error and in the console on save I get:

2016-05-18 10:21:29,917 - ERROR - Script raised the following exception 'bedTemp'

Thanks for the test, I was able to figure out the variable that makes it work or not.

With

"machine_gcode_flavor": { "default": "RepRap (Marlin/Sprinter)" }

it doesn't work and generates this error in Console:

ERROR - Script raised the following exception 'bedTemp'

But with

"machine_gcode_flavor": { "default": "UltiGCode" }

it works (seems to write the TweakAtZ changes) and generates another error in Console:

ERROR - Script raised the following exception name 'speed' is not defined

I'm not confident enough to print something using UltiGCode on a Reprap printer as it has quite some changes on the generated code:

5a331d485ca48_Screenshot2016-05-1916_06_20.thumb.png.38710f282b432c1c53cdf58425f6b215.png

Hope that'll help devs debug the TweakAtZ issue!

5a331d485ca48_Screenshot2016-05-1916_06_20.thumb.png.38710f282b432c1c53cdf58425f6b215.png

Hi all,

Today we've released an updated beta version: Cura 2.1.1 :)

Download it here!

is there a list somewhere with changes? bugs fixed?

Posted (edited) · Cura 2.1 open beta has been released!
    is there a list somewhere with changes? bugs fixed?

Real Men & Alpha Programmers don't do documentation.

Edited by Guest
    • Like 2

Hi all,

Today we've released an updated beta version: Cura 2.1.1 :)

Download it here!

I'm not sure if this has been covered, but I scaled an object up, and the proportions are correct, but for some wacky reason, the scale settings are not all identical on the scale side of the scale popup. Is this how its supposed to report scaling?

5a331d4892a5a_Screenshot(81).thumb.png.0c5c0773fd0df52395f6a36ded3ba8ed.png

5a331d4892a5a_Screenshot(81).thumb.png.0c5c0773fd0df52395f6a36ded3ba8ed.png

Is retraction working in the newest release? I've asked several times if it had been working fior anyone on 2.1 but never got a response.

Is retraction working in the newest release?  I've asked several times if it had been working fior anyone on 2.1 but never got a response.

It's working for me.

Is retraction working in the newest release?  I've asked several times if it had been working fior anyone on 2.1 but never got a response.

It's working for me.

On 2.1, 2.1.1 or both?

The Cura 2.1.1 changelog...very funny... hahaha...

ChangeLogCura2.1.1.jpg.6181305261128c5388c9f97415d75fcf.jpg

Edited by Guest

Concerning TweakAtZ 5.0: There are two bugs which may prevent it from running properly (Thanks to @Murphy and @berndjm). They are fixed in V5.0.1 which will be distributed with the next Cura version. For all those who cannot wait until then: TweakAtZ 5.0.1

Edited by Guest

Pardon me if this has already been brought up, but I am currently comparing the two branches of Cura and I am puzzled by some obvious differences with the new version :

- the slicing seems much slower

- the printing times are much higher (maybe related to the previous one)

- the raft layers do not show in the layer view

- the supporting structure seems sometimes questionably illogical

- more oozing during travel (lots of "hair-like" filaments left on the way)

Are these known features? Is this due to some configuration options? I have tried to set up both versions with equivalent settings, but I may have missed something.

The Cura 2.1.1 changelog...very funny... hahaha...

Whoops, we broke it. I fixed the bug and the next release will have a visible changelog.

The changelog is available as a text-file at Cura 2.1\plugins\ChangeLogPlugin\ChangeLog.txt, but it does not contain all the specific fixes since the 2.1.0 beta.

If you really want to know what changes, have a look at the commit logs starting from april 15:

https://github.com/Ultimaker/Cura/commits/2.1

https://github.com/Ultimaker/Uranium/commits/2.1

More feedback:

When saving to removable drive, would it be possible to clean the file name?

I found that the Full Graphic Smart Controller can read a file with accent (in the list), but when asked to print... nothing!

Example: "Pièce" doesn't work, but "Piece" works.

The new TweakAtZ (5.0.1) is working (on Reprap printer)!

However I loved how the old Cura was keeping the same settings when closing/reopening Cura.

I have common changes (lower bed/nozzle temp after first layer) that I would like to keep.

Ideally these 2 settings could be integrated into Cura itself, as it's very common to increase bed/nozzle temp just for the first layer for better adhesion. This would solve the issue of updating TweakAtZ when changing material (temperatures).

I updated pla.cfg to tweak some settings, but the bed temperature is not taken into account. I use:

material_bed_temperature = 65

Is it normal? Overriden by something else?

Is it possible to have custom materials in the user folder?

Speaking of user folder, I still can't export gcode when having my machine json in the user folder, however it works fine in Cura's app folder.

(and I still have slicing freezes from time to time when doing a change while it slices, OSX, Cura 2.1.1)

Thanks and keep up the good work!

I can't work on any Arduino projects while Cura is idle in the background.

V2.11 will block any serial port that has an Arduino connected to it even when

I'm not using printing-via-usb.

Cura 2.11. Infill Density set to 100% does nothing.

I set Infill Density to 20%, then I change it to print with 100% infill.

Although the interface displays 100% It still prints at 20%.

When saving to removable drive, would it be possible to clean the file name?

We're reworking that bit in 2.2 and beyond and will make sure it works better.

The new TweakAtZ (5.0.1) is working (on Reprap printer)! However I loved how the old Cura was keeping the same settings when closing/reopening Cura.

A lot of issues were caused previously when postprocessing options were kept between sessions, so it was decided not to do that. It would probably be nice to make it a preference but I don't know how much work would be involved in doing so, so I cannot make any promises.

I updated pla.cfg to tweak some settings, but the bed temperature is not taken into account.

You're using an Ultimaker 2+, right? That has its own set of profiles, and it does not use the generic material profiles. This too is being reworked for future versions.

I still can't export gcode when having my machine json in the user folder, however it works fine in Cura's app folder.

I've seen that happening too. I will make sure it gets fixed in future versions.

V2.11 will block any serial port that has an Arduino connected to it even when

I'm not using printing-via-usb.

USB-printing is also among the things that is set to change going forward. Perhaps there should be an option to only check/use certain serial ports.