How to install plugins for cura on a mac

bdurack

Posted · How to install plugins for cura on a mac

Hi there everyone,

Stupid Q I know, but I'm not a Mac user, but am using a Mac at work and want to install the wood plugin in cura to test it out on some woodfill filament. I can't figure out how to install it on a mac though! I managed no bother with windows!

Depends on which version of Cura you are using.

The current stable version (v15.X.Y) wants the plugins here (probably, as I never tested it):

~/Library/Application\ Support/Cura/15.X.Y/plugins/

But the current v2.1 open beta wants the plugins here...but hopefully that location will change:

~/.cura/plugins/

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for your reply!

I have cura 15.06.03 and have tried to create the following folder in my home folder (.cura/plugins/), adding the wood.py plugin to no avail. I have also tried to locate the folder: /Library/Application\ Support/Cura/15.06.03/plugins/ but cannot find it either. I have enabled view hidden folders so not sure what to do next. Really want to try this plugin out

/Library/Application\ Support/Cura/15.06.03/plugins/ but cannot find it either. I have enabled view hidden folders so not sure what to do next. Really want to try this plugin out

It should be

~/Library/Application\ Support/Cura/15.06.03/plugins/

(note the tilde in front of the first slash).

And the "plugins" folder probably doesn't exist so you need to create it yourself.

I could not get the Extruder Selection plugin to work in Cura 15.04 or 2.6. However, I did discover a Post-Processing Search/Replace plugin in Cura 2.6, which does what I needed.