Connection with ReplicatorG

variador

Posted · Connection with ReplicatorG

Currently printing with Cura 12.11 and most recent Netfabb.

Any ideas why ReplicatorG won't connect?

Used to use RepG all the time. I would like to be able to use it once in a while in certain situations.

Am using Ultimaker bought spring 2012 with a Win7 PC setup.

My setup was always very particular about the firmware. There was a particular Marlin that worked.

Any ideas?

A direction to go to help my understanding?

Thanks

Currently printing with Cura 12.11 and most recent Netfabb.

Any ideas why ReplicatorG won't connect?

Used to use RepG all the time. I would like to be able to use it once in a while in certain situations.

Am using Ultimaker bought spring 2012 with a Win7 PC setup.

My setup was always very particular about the firmware. There was a particular Marlin that worked.

Any ideas?

A direction to go to help my understanding?

Thanks

Are you using RepG 26? It's the easier one to connect with.

I liked the control that it gave you while it was printing. It's startup was basic and it sliced pretty good.

You could make it go really fast when you wanted it to and adjust the material depending what part of the print you were on.

I understood what it was going to do. Cura works good but I need experience with it. Netfabb does its own thing. It is an awesome slicer. Startup on Netfabb is bizarre to me. The extruder head flies from one end stop to another. It does all kinds of things at startup that I haven't learned to control. I can't count on it yet.

3d printing is not my job and there is only so much time to learn how to operate the machine with the different types of software. When I need to have something made I want to know that I can count on having the part within a certain amount of time.

Thanks for the reply Owen. I did try 26 but not as thoroughly as the newest one.

26 was the one I had been using the whole time since my Ultimaker was new.

Would it have to use different firmware from Cura and Netfabb? Probably, but I don't know.

Cura and Netfabb are becoming more reliable for me. It wouldn't be worth having to switch firmware every time I wanted to use RepG.

Thanks for the reply Owen. I did try 26 but not as thoroughly as the newest one.

26 was the one I had been using the whole time since my Ultimaker was new.

Would it have to use different firmware from Cura and Netfabb? Probably, but I don't know.

Cura and Netfabb are becoming more reliable for me. It wouldn't be worth having to switch firmware every time I wanted to use RepG.

No you don't have to use different firmware. Repg 26 connects easier and doesn't have some of the other problems that RepG 34/35 have, like not recognizing M190 S70 to turn on your heat bed etc. If you are going to use repG than 26 is the version to use. You need to pick the right firmware in the menus and correct Com port and baud rate as well.

Gave it a try, sorry to say no joy.

Netfabb is is not controllable at this point. It is moving diagonally to print a square. It is trying to print at temps below 160 even though it is set for PLA.

The Gcode I was getting along with is not running the way it did.

This is what I was prepared to figure out so it is not that big of a deal.

How do I start at square 1? Or How do I clean out the residing Gcode? Or is there such thing.

Reinstall Netfabb?

It says that it is using Ultimator connector V 1.02

Cura is Ok. Haven't gone back to Netfabb after having Cura work.

Are both apps using the same arduino program? Seems like it would have to be because I didn't see a time when it would have been loading the arduino.

I am confused about this firmware thing. Is firmware the arduino code?

Can't see what Cura thinks is running it.

Is this explained anywhere?

Surprised I can print anything based on what I know about how it all works.

Thanks