Whats wrong with this item?

3dnerd

Posted (edited) · Whats wrong with this item?

Hi,

I have some strange problem with an item as you can see in the image here:

rmthQii.jpg

At a certain Z-position (around 9.5 mm) the item gets not printed very.

This happens always at the same height. I tested this 3 times and the problem occurs always at the same height.

Then I thought there is something wrong with my UM2 at this height so I printed a testcube.

But as you can see (marked with the blue arrow) the cube prints well that means eversthing is OK with my UM2.

I looked at the gcode but could not fine any abnormal things except that at layer 87 the infill pattern gets more dense.

Then at layer 97 it switches back to previous density. Could this be the reason?

I printed this using Cura 15.09.90.

Thanks for any help!

The STL-file is here:

STL

The gcode file is here:

GCODE

Edited by Guest

Posted (edited) · Whats wrong with this item?

Your stl file is faulty.  

NEVER PRINT A FILE without looking at it first in "layer view".  You would have seen the problem right away.  I looked at you gcode file - it looks horrible - just like your print.  If you look at your part in xray view you will see it has an extra face (it's not a printable part as is - it has an interior curved wall) and cura doesn't know which is inside and which is supposed to be not printed and it gets very confused.  Remove the red wall and that should fix the problem.  here is xray view:

RED IS BAD. It means passing a line through your part hits an odd number of walls so it either has a hole or in your case an extra wall.

a.thumb.png.9ac24a102b8276f60bbb201f920d875f.png

a.thumb.png.9ac24a102b8276f60bbb201f920d875f.png

Edited by Guest

Posted · Whats wrong with this item?

Hi gr5,

thanks for reply. I wonder why the result is that bad. I use Autodesk Fusion 360 to create my items and export at STL - I never had probelms with it.

thanks for the tip using the X-Ray view may this is a good indicator.

I never used x-ray view only layer view.

Thanks a lot!