foobin

startmode = Expert as default

Posted · startmode = Expert as default

Im trying to package the cura and settings i use into packaged file.

How do i set so cura will always start in expert mode. Right now its always default to simple mode.

I found the command that goes to export mode in preferences file with command 'startmode = Expert' but this file is something that is set in user's profile settings after the app is loaded.

Where can i set this setting as part of the distribution?

Thanks

Legacy Cura might need write permission to its installation directory to store that information. Actually, one should only once have to change it and it should stay like that.

I have been using an older version 15.04.3

Sorry, I don't know much about how legacy cura works.

Legacy Cura might need write permission to its installation directory to store that information. Actually, one should only once have to change it and it should stay like that.

The issue is im trying to make a installer package of cura with pre-defined settings for several machines. But every time cura starts, it starts in simple print mode.

How would i get it to start in export mode? Is there a profile command or something i need to input?

This information is stored in preferences.ini in the .cura\15.04x folder in the Windows user directory.

This information is stored in preferences.ini in the .cura\15.04x folder in the Windows user directory.

Yes, but is there anyway to set the program to default to expert mode before it writes the settings to the preferences.ini?

I think i found solution

I changed the value within the profile.py file, line 482, change default mode from Simple to Normal.

setting('startMode', 'Normal', ['Simple', 'Normal'], 'preference', 'hidden')

Seems to work so far!