Filament Bending inside the feeder UM2

atrofino

Posted (edited) · Filament Bending inside the feeder UM2

Hello all!

This is my very first topic because i was able to solve my previous problems with other topics here, but now i have a problem that i can't solve.

Lately, all my prints are bending the filament inside the feeder, as the picture below shows:

feeder.thumb.jpg.5cc5c432511c75411c64b6a5a279f4b7.jpg

The feeder is constantly making that ticking sound, i'm not sure it's normal to have so much skipping back.

I have cleaned the nozzle with a feel atomic pulls (until i could see through it).

Have anyone experienced this problem?

Thank you in advance.

feeder.thumb.jpg.5cc5c432511c75411c64b6a5a279f4b7.jpg

Edited by Guest

Posted · Filament Bending inside the feeder UM2

Hi, welcome to the forums!

What kind of filament are you printing with? Is it regular PLA or a flexibel kind?

I would be very surprised if it would be regular PLA..

Wow. That is actually quite impressive ;)

What settings are you using in Cura? Could you supply some screenshots?

I think what is happening is indeed some kind of blockage near the head, which causes it to grind and than folds.. but I don't recall seeing this very often.

Nonetheless, I'm sure we can solve it :)

I use Cura on my work pc, so i'll post the settings tomorrow, but they were nothing out of the common.

Is there a way that i can check if the head is clogged? I've done several atomic pulls and last time i could see through the hole, so i thought it was fine.

Well, if you are comfortable removing the bowden tube from your print head you could heat up the printhead and manually push a string of filament down through the nozzle. If your nozzle is clean you'll start extruding and you know the problem lies not with the printhead.

It would suggest to take another look at your feeder.

How long do you have your Ultimaker?

Have you ever inspected the PTFE teflon coupler?

I have removed the bowden tube and manually extrude, it seemed fine, no blockage.

The Ultimaker is fairly new, 3-4 months old, and i have never taken out the PTFE coupler to inspect.

Here are my Cura settings:

cura_settings.jpg.f5ff9e31e0647705497b616238265157.jpg

cura_settings.jpg.f5ff9e31e0647705497b616238265157.jpg