Filament stops running smooth halfway

ultifow

Posted · Filament stops running smooth halfway

Hi,

Sometimes i get problems with printing. Small objects he is doing fine but if i go larger and fill in the objects i get a problem that not enough filament comes out halfway during a print. I was busy to print Screwless Heart Gears from emmett. I already got the pins the inner core and the four small gears printed well. But at the four bigger gears not enough filament wont go through at some time.

I got the new upgrade of "the extruder drive" plus a new bowden of the latest version of the UM (which got a bit bigger inner diameter). It seems he get to much material around heater because filament is getting pushed back, moving back along the bearing wheel from the extruder drive. And then when there is a bit of space again, he pushes a little filament back in till it get pushed back again, and so on... (but everytime less material will come through)

When i push the filament back in with some force when the problem starts he let sometimes more filament coming through which lead into a nice, new, fine layer. But when i release it again not enough filament wont get through anymore.

After a few seconds i stopped printing and heater stays at 210 degrees (which im printing with) the filament is running through again but gets a bit blobby in mid-air because it had to much filament inside which came not through.

Got some tips or questions? Please reply them

Before u ask,

My bowden does not pop out,

the extruder drive works very well, the filament gets no ditch

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
    • Our picks

• UltiMaker Cura 5.7 stable released
        Cura 5.7 is here and it brings a handy new workflow improvement when using Thingiverse and Cura together, as well as additional capabilities for Method series printers, and a powerful way of sharing print settings using new printer-agnostic project files! Read on to find out about all of these improvements and more. 

• 18 replies
      • S-Line Firmware 8.3.0 was released Nov. 20th on the "Latest" firmware branch.
        (Sorry, was out of office when this released)

This update is for...
        All UltiMaker S series  
        New features

Temperature status. During print preparation, the temperatures of the print cores and build plate will be shown on the display. This gives a better indication of the progress and remaining wait time. Save log files in paused state. It is now possible to save the printer's log files to USB if the currently active print job is paused. Previously, the Dump logs to USB option was only enabled if the printer was in idle state. Confirm print removal via Digital Factory. If the printer is connected to the Digital Factory, it is now possible to confirm the removal of a previous print job via the Digital Factory interface. This is useful in situations where the build plate is clear, but the operator forgot to select Confirm removal on the printer’s display. Visit this page for more information about this feature.
        • 0 replies