JMcAulay1989

RS Electronics Filaments

Posted · RS Electronics Filaments

Hi Guys,

Recently purchased the Ultimaker 2 Extended + printer for our office and was wondering if anyone has any experience of using RS branded filaments (mainly ABS and PLA). I see it is similarly priced to all others available on the market, we already have an account set up with RS so purchasing consumables in the future would be a lot easier if this filament works well.

http://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/products/8320368/

Any other tips for when we receive our Ultimaker would be appreciated, I have experience (mostly bad) of using Makerbot products so I am hoping this will be a step up from that.

Cheers

Jamie

Horrible filament, I try it because we work also with RS, but it's not good.

Innofil have great filament.

I tried verbatim... did not like it at all... had more difficulty to get it to stick to the bed than with any other pla.

Yes, got that problem as well, but after a "little" cleaning- no problem.

Can do two or three print, then you'll need to clean well again.

As I haven't tried anything else but Verbatim, I really cannot say how good or bad Verbatim are versus other brand of filaments. My point was just to tell that RS also sell other brands of filament.

I’m quite happy with the quality of Verbatim, but this is just by comparing pictures of the print results others put up. But sure, I’ll like to try some good proven stuff to see how good the improvement can be.

By the way, I have so many questions about the quality and why. Yes I’m sure you know..

Cheers

Torgeir