Spiralize doubt

Posted (edited) · Spiralize doubt

Can I use spiralize for the object below?

FunilGrande.thumb.png.911a412a1899a1dad886a5f17127c841.png

I never use this and I have short term, is it tricky? What are the benefits?

Cheers community... I`m back to the game!

Edited by Guest

Posted · Spiralize doubt

I think spiralize only works if there is a single wall at each layer so that it can be printed without any travel moves. your model has an inner and an outer circle which aren't connected so i think it won't work right.

• Like 1

Posted · Spiralize doubt

thank you guys!

Really, just one shell like 0.4 wall thickness? That`s so thin.

This object has 1.2 and some points are wider.

It`s not that time that I will try spiralize... and I don`t think I will do something that thin.

Cheers!

Posted · Spiralize doubt

Really, just one shell like 0.4 wall thickness?

yes, in two ways. spiralize will print only one shell, so for a thicker shell you will have to use a larger nozzle. But I think your model won't work at all, because it has two shells each layer, one for the outer contour, one for the inner contour. spiralize only makes sense with massive models. it prints the model, but without the benefit you would expect from it. i learned by printing a hollow vase. one contour was printed with incrementally rising z, then the inner contour was printed at constant z. then the next inner contour at rising z then outer contour at constant z,... so in the end i had a z-scar and aditionally varying layer height.

Posted · Spiralize doubt

Just an addition, in spiralize you can easily do 0.6mm shells with a 0.4mm nozzle, do to this, make sure not to print to fast (to prevent underextrusion) and not to big layers (0.1 - 0.15 works well).

• Like 1

That`s the model done, without spiralize.

GAZ_Funil_DeltaThinkers_100microns.thumb.jpg.41b9075e97d924330b09542fba2c16e1.jpg

I liked this final result. Thanks for the advises fellows!!

Cheers!

GAZ_Funil_DeltaThinkers_100microns.thumb.jpg.41b9075e97d924330b09542fba2c16e1.jpg

Edited by Guest
    diagramming

Posted · Spiralize doubt

... so in the end i had a z-scar and aditionally varying layer height.

So, you talk about z-scar... that`s curious because I thinked that a benefit to print spirilize was avoid the z-scar! So, if you print just one shell (0.4, 0.6 or wider, doesn`t metter) how it will leave a z-scar if the nozzle stay constantly rising without stop for a step up layer? I saw a photo of a hollow vase here in community (made with a T-Glassy filament) that was with a diagonal z-scar. Actually my print (the blue one that I posted above) stayed with a little z-scar to without using spiralize.

Posted · Spiralize doubt

one contour was printed with incrementally rising z, then the inner contour was printed at constant z. then the next inner contour at rising z then outer contour at constant z

How did you set this? I never heard about it, seems curious...

Posted · Spiralize doubt

that z-scar and the varying layerheight both happened when spiralize was used with a model that isn't suitable. With the right model (only one continuous shell line in each layer) it will of course have no z-scar and nice layers :)

Posted · Spiralize doubt

I believe that the 0.8 nozzle of Olsson block kit should be a good choice to print spirilize...

Posted · Spiralize doubt

yes, that makes absolutely sense :)

Posted · Spiralize doubt

Yes indeed :) with the 0.80mm nozzle you can do a spiralize with 0.80mm walls and probably even bigger, i suspect you can do a 1.2mm wall with it. Or go for the 1mm nozzle from 3dsolex to go even bigger :)

...Or go for the 1mm nozzle from 3dsolex to go even bigger :)

Woooow damn! Things are going better than I imagine!! Bigger, faster and stronger... I definitely need to bring an Olsson block kit and try spirilize!

I suppose that Printed Solid guy (Matthew?) should have those... next week I will purchase some filaments with him for my stock.

Edited by Guest