Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Darth_Biomech

Extrusion when moving from piece to piece.

My Ultimaker2 sometimes does that strange thing, when it starts to extrude the filament when the printing head is in the motion from one element of the print to another. This string then sticks to the already printed side of the print, often looking like a tiny loop or a bundle. This is not the stringing problem, though, as the unwanted piece of plastic is flows out at a constant diameter. These guys are not especially hard to clean off (often it's enough to just nudge them with nail), but I still don't know why do they happen. It is as if gcode glitches out and there is mismatch of timing of extruding commands and positioning commands (I watched my print in process, they seem to start flowing right after head starts to move to a new destination). They also often happen around one specific area of the print.

The prints, otherwise, print out very nicely and I have no problem with them.

things like this?

20160505_114408_resized.thumb.jpg.76ba5bc6a4bde684e6a9f78f9faffec4.jpg[/media]

I have the same problem! I notet that somtimes when the nozzle moving from on part to the other scratch the material ant make this tiny loop.

i tried to aument the z-hop, but it doesn't change.

20160505_114408_resized.thumb.jpg.76ba5bc6a4bde684e6a9f78f9faffec4.jpg

Edited by Guest