Ultimaker App 2.0 has been released

SandervG

Posted (edited) · Ultimaker App 2.0 has been released

We're proud to share an updated Ultimaker App with you! It's version 2.0 now.

Release notes

• We've integrated all Ultimaker product manuals, troubleshooting articles and tips & tricks
  • New tips on the Ultimaker app homepage, which also link to relevant articles
  • When you never want to miss stories and guides, enable the new push notifications
  • New settings menu, in which you can set your serial number, country, set videos to load on WiFi only and enable push notifications
  • Fixed all reported bugs

Visit the Ultimaker App page to download it for free on iOS and Android.

Ultimaker-App.thumb.png.bdf561558bf42ace876b5dcbfa0613df.png

Ultimaker-App.thumb.png.bdf561558bf42ace876b5dcbfa0613df.png

Edited by Guest
  • Like 3

Posted · Ultimaker App 2.0 has been released

Looks good... but maybe in 2.1 change the pictures and instructions for the atomic method to be done in a corner and not in the middle of xy..... people are bending there axis with this instruction....

• Like 3

Just trying this out. I choose UMO+ and ran through the setup sets you have documented.

step 5/11

I have a suggestion for the directions for "limit switches". You show a photo of the head being moved into the front left corner for both the X and Y limit switches, and in the text that is what you tell them to do.

This will not help if they are reversed since your probably hitting both the X and Y in the front left corner. I actually have seen this issue at one school and it was a little hard to diagnose until we followed the procedure I'm outlining below.

To test the X limit switch you should have them move the head to the MIDDLE left to make sure the switch is activated.

To test the Y limit switch you should have them move the mead to the MIDDLE front to make sure the switch is activated.

----

on step 6/11

you say the head will "home" in the back left corner. if this is how the level wizard works than ok (I have not used that in years) BUT if it homes like normal it will be in the FRONT left corner.

--

step 7/11

are there control buttons on the cura bed level wizard now? or are you talking about the ulti controller?

ok I'm going to stop talking like i know what is happening until I run the wizard again on 15.04.5

I'll be back later this week if I have any pertinent advice. :-)

• Like 1

Looks good... but maybe in 2.1 change the pictures and instructions for the atomic method to be done in a corner and not in the middle of xy..... people are bending there axis with this instruction....

Yes! Good point.

Thank you for your feedback guys. We'll use this for the next updates.

Leaving the printhead in the corner has already been added to the website, and we'll see if it can be added to the app too.

I cannot enter my UM2 serial number in the app because it launches the camera app and I don't have a bar code anywhere on my machine or the box it came in. Instead I have a serial number sticker on the bottom with a number that says "made in the Netherlands". On the box I have a shipping label but no serial number. I don't see any options to type the serial number in.

The Ultimaker Original (not the +)....it does not have an assembly section under the "Manual"

That would be very helpful. The UMO + does.

Hi @LePaul, the Ultimaker Original doesn't have a building manual because we have discontinued the sale of the Ultimaker Original, and have completely moved over to the Ultimaker Original +. Which is still being sold, obviously.

This means there are no new users coming who need to build one.

If, for some reason you do need the manual, you can always find the manual on our website.

Right, I know where to find it...but even if discontinued, the app can still link to what you just listed? My thinking was for the times you need to do a repair (nozzle, heater block, etc.) it is convenient to have that app to access the assembly manual and see how things are supposed to be put back together :) Again, just thinking of the convenience of the app having that one extra resource.

so it's just this web site on phone right?

It also has a bar-code scanner for the serial number.

In the end, yes imo....

It also has a bar-code scanner for the serial number.

What does that mean?

ED

It means that you don't have to type the serial number, it can read it from the bar-code.

It means that you don't have to type the serial number, it can read it from the bar-code.

Ok I'm slow, lol. It reads the barcode that is on the bottom of my machine. So then what.?

ED

Would be nice to be able to use the forum on the app. Something more like WhatsApp where you get phone notifications for new replies on topics you following rather then emails.

• Like 3

Would be nice to be able to use the forum on the app. Something more like WhatsApp where you get phone notifications for new replies on topics you following rather then emails.

I have thought about that too! Good idea :)

I know Tapatalk is a popular app for various web forums. It's updated frequently but it can be a toughie to make work right