Cura 15.04 Plugin to edit first layer

Ddot

Posted · Cura 15.04 Plugin to edit first layer

I have a Ultimaker 2+ (upgrade kit). I am printing tiny parts, and have been trying to use the plugins to modify the first few layers. However, I am having some difficulty with using these plugins:

2016_05_17_08_31_01_Cura_15_04.5.thumb.png.b20238f80de4dcf128a34ecc87a5ff31.png

Once I add a "Tweak at Z" step/plugin, there seems to be no way to remove it. How can I delete specific plugins? The only workaround I've found is to previously save the profile, and reload an old one with less/no plugins.

What parameters do I use to start the modification during the first layer? Specifically, I want to modify the temperature and overall speed for the first 4 layers, then thereafter to on as normally set. I have tried setting "z height to tweak at (mm)" to -1.0, 0, 0.0001, and this step/plugin does not seem to engage. Instead, the default settings from Material.txt override this first plugin. I have tried also setting "(ALT) Layer no. to tweak at" to -1, 0, and 1, and again, this first plugin does not engage. The proceeding plugin(s) that I set to start at Layer no. 2 or 3 does work perfectly fine.

Derrick

2016_05_17_08_31_01_Cura_15_04.5.thumb.png.b20238f80de4dcf128a34ecc87a5ff31.png

Posted · Cura 15.04 Plugin to edit first layer

Grab the edge of the left panel of cura and drag it to the right. A tiny little "X" will appear at the top right of the plugin which you can click to remove it.

Posted (edited) · Cura 15.04 Plugin to edit first layer

Grab the edge of the left panel of cura and drag it to the right. A tiny little "X" will appear at the top right of the plugin which you can click to remove it.

Nevermind, got it... was not interpreting "grab" as "expand". I'm a laptop so I don't see the "x" until I expand the panel so it takes up half of my screen.

Any suggestions on the second question?

Edited by Guest

Posted (edited) · Cura 15.04 Plugin to edit first layer

Tweaking the first layer is possible with version 4.0.3 or higher.

TweakAtZ 4.0.4

Thanks for the reply! I will try out your tweaks on the tweaks!

I spent the majority of yesterday playing around with the settings to discover that for the version I'm using (I updated it last week - 15.04.5, plugin v4.0.2), the tweaks happen after the layer # set. In other words, if I set "(ALT) Layer no. to tweak at"=2, then the tweaks will activate starting at layer 3. And unfortunately, layer 0 does not seem to be editable.

Edit:

Unfortunately, the code you linked does not seem to work, either. The first layer is still using the settings in Material.txt. When I set the plugin to start at layer 0, it again starts after layer 0 is finished, effectively applying the settings for layer 1 (the second layer).

Edited by Guest