Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
mevio

Cura 2.1 T° and Material Questions

Hi guys,

I'm currently trying to use Cura 2.1 which is really attractive at first, but when the time has come to print, i've been facing some problems:

I have not found a way to activate under the material settings the Temperature of the nozzle, nor the bed (i'm printing on an Ulti 2). Also i cannot tell cura what kind of material i'm using (PLA).

I must have missed something and after reading all the troubleshooting and guide ♫ i still haven't found what i'm looking for (!)♪

Another thing annoying to me is that PronterFace Ui seems to have disappeared, is there something to replace it or this "printing" window cannot be customized anymore?

Thanks all!

P.S. (Certainly not a Cura Thing, but my ULTI 2 has its Motherboard Fan constantly activated, even when there is no pending Printing, can i change that ? Because my Extended is not making any sound when iddle...)

This is also not possible with the old Cura, as with the UM2 the temperatures in the machine are used. So for the um2, the machine is responsible for the material.

The prontoface UI has disapeared for a long time now. 15.04 didn't have it either. We officially don't even support USB printing with the UM2 due to a ton of problems (and very little people actually using it).

Hi,

Thanks for all the clues...

I just don't understand because under cura 15.04.5 i still have PronterFaceUI and even the option to turn it on and off in the preference menu...

And of course i have under the speed and temperature section (3rd) i have "printing temperature and under, Bed Temperature.

If i understand with Cura 2.1 i have to select the material on the machine and cannot change it if i Print with USB?

I almost never print with SD card and never have a problem :( I would be sad to plug in and out the little thing for each print i have to do...

Thanks anyway for all the info ;)