Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Bruce241

Getting "ERROR - STOPPED Temp Sensor BED" on Ultimaker 2 Extended

HI,

I know I got this error because one of the temperature sensor wires had fallen out. This might have happened when I was trying to clean the glass plate. I had read other posts on how to fix this issue and I was able to reinsert the wire and tightly screw in back in. However, I would still get the same error when turning the printer back on. I then noticed the screw terminals that are supposed to be attached to the heated bed are not fully attached. Also the black lining of the heated bed had torn around one one of the terminals. I have a picture of it shown below. I'm thinking that this must have happened when I first took the bed apart to insert the wires back in. If i solder the terminals back onto the bed will it the fix the problem? Or is because the lining is torn, I will have to by a new heated bed?

Thanks

Photo3.thumb.jpg.18058122af431a243341e7e1d190c94a.jpg

Photo3.thumb.jpg.18058122af431a243341e7e1d190c94a.jpg

Hi, Bruce,

It looks like your black and white wire are screwed into the same hole, unless that's just a trick of the angle. They should be in separate slots on the terminal block. If any of those 4 slots is empty, you'll see an error message.

You might be able to solder the connection back together, but there's also a good chance that you're still under warranty. The UM2 Extended hasn't been out for much longer than a year, and all Ultimakers come with a 1 year warranty. If you'll send in your serial number and purchase information to Support@fbrc8.com we can check and see what we can do for you.