Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
nakwada

Feeder motor not working anymore

Hi fellow makers !

Coming here with hopes, but sadly I guess my Ultimaker 2 is good for a mainboard replacement :(

Some days ago, I turned my printer on as I am used to, and prepared it to change material.

Nothing happened after the hotend was hot enough and I noticed the feeder motor couldn't turn anymore.

It "vibrates" as if it wasn't getting enough current to turn. Unfortunately, there is no trimpot to turn and maybe fix this on the UM² mainboard.

Here is what I tried :

- turn it off and on again,

- turn it on without power cable connected to empty the condensers,

- factory reset

- firmware updated to latest available

- firmware downgraded to previous working version

Still, I am unable to use my printer because of this.

Got my printer brand new from Makershop.fr last year, been using it flawlessly almost everyday.

The 1 warranty just ended by April :'(

Thanks for you time and suggestions

I guess the thing to try first is swap the motor with f.e. a xy motor and see if the issue is the motor or the board.

Hi !

I forgot to mention this one, but I already tried it and I've got the same behavior with another motor.

Thanks for your suggestion

Edited by Guest

Since you have the extruder 2 motor unused you might want to learn to build your own firmware. This way you could change the pins.h table to make the extruder 2 work as the y motor.

Some talking about how to compile custom firmware:

https://ultimaker.com/en/community/7436-more-information-during-print?page=last#reply-146287

https://ultimaker.com/en/community/3026-how-to-build-your-own-marlin

Edited by Guest
  • Like 1