Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts

Cura Won't Save G-Code to SD Card

Posted · Cura Won't Save G-Code to SD Card

Hello,

I have used Cura for a long time and have never had any issues. Now, when I want to save the G-CODE to an SD card, I can't. Instead of displaying "Save to Toolpath", it says "Print With USB". However, the printer is not connected via USB. Does anyone have any solutions? Thanks.

Hi,

and welcome to the forum.

This sound pretty weird. Have you checked the obvious things? Temporary problem (reboot), check system logs (depending on the operating system).

• Like 1
    • 4 years later...

He means reboot your whole computer that you are running Cura on.

It could also be that the SD card is write locked.  Try saving instead to your hard drive and dragging the file onto the SD card and see if that also won't work.

thank you. it works now.

hello I'm having trouble saving my Gcode to my sd card. it slices fine but when I go to save to my removable disk it says "Could not save to /Volumes/NO NAME/CE3PRO_Benchy.gcode:[Errno 1]Operation not permitted:'/Volumes/No NAME/CE3PRO_3DBenchy.gcode'. This has been going on for 2 weeks can somebody help me. Ive changed the names of the files and still nothing works. please help this is really getting on my last nerve lol thanks. Jay

I have a MacBook Air by the way...