Anyone other than fbrc8 US warranty support

Posted · Anyone other than fbrc8 US warranty support

I have a new UMO+ once set up it refused to print among other bizarre issues. Also, I'm not exactly new to 3D printing but still far from having all the answers. Moreover, I am very familiar with the mechanical and electrical workings, parts and the like and have a better than good understanding of how they interact one to another. I feel that I am competent enough to pursue undertakings with success. As a rule I only resort to asking for assistance when I have run nearly out of options and I'm hoping for a direction not yet discernible.

In hopes to achieve this I called the fbrc8 support line for assistance, and afterwards what turns out to be less than stellar customer service. After the past few days and the run around I have received I no longer desire their assistance. I would like to know if there is anyone else in the US I can contact for assistance before I reach out to Europe? Thank you.

Hi and welcome to the forums! I moved your topic to a different thread where I think it is more fitting.

I'm sorry to hear you are not satisfied about the service offered to you. Usually I hear nothing but good reviews and experiences from FBRC8 so perhaps something just didn't work out this one time. Perhaps something we can help to iron out some wrinkles in your experience so far?

Regardless, you have come to the community of experts where lots of us own an Ultimaker Original. If you could give a detailed and elaborated description of what is happening perhaps we can help. Oh.. and pictures are always good!!

Looking forward hearing from you!

Thank you SandervG I do appreciate what you've done. I guess the second time is indeed the charm. I called fbrc8 support again, however this time I will say the help I received was vast improvement over the assistance I received prior Joseph Williams the young man that helped me, really went out of his way, up to and including asking to have my printer shipped to him so he see what is going on. ( to which I am really considering ) Because of this it, causes me to reconsider my angry stance toward fbrc8 and moving forward allow by gone's be by gone's.

I have four printers two are just cheap one's and I enjoy a little freedom with setting and the like because I all but built them at this point. However, I also have two UMO+ printers one of which is not on line as of yet. And this one that I am having issues with. I know and understand that user error is very much at play here, I get it. Learning curve and all.

At the moment the issues are filament is feeding requires what seems like endless adjustment to fine tune or it will just stop extruding. Next, if I can get it to extrude and stick. Late last night all it did was printing was rounded squares spiraling smaller and smaller from the center of the bed toward the edge. Slice and re-slice, deleted gcode file, changed file name. These are at the moment the prevailing issues I am facing. Any help and direction would be helpful. Thank you.

Sounds like it's not printing the modle the way you expected. ?yes?

Some photos would help, and the stl if that is possible.

What version of CURA are you usinging? (You should NOT be using the beta versions ).

When you look at the "layer" view in cura , do you see the same results your printer is producing? You can often catch issues with slicing in layer view before printing.

Thank you for your reply, it sounds like maybe you got off on a wrong foot but you have found each other now. I am happy to hear that. And it fits the image I have from FBRC8 much better :)

Do you have some pictures you can share from your prints, that would probably help diagnose the problem from this end.

Thank you both for offering help. The version of CURA I am using is 15.04.03. Yes, what I am getting is not what I am expecting at all. I would not even qualify them as models or call them prints. As for the printer / hot end when in motion to me it's a thing of beauty, I am machine nerd. If I print the Ulitmaker Robot it comes out good to fine with a brim. Photos and Video Using the same settings.

I select the item I wish/ need to print x 20 and the brim isn't down before I have to stop the print. At best maybe 8% of the Brim is down printed before failure. So I scaled back the print number to 1 thinking that might help me better understand what is happening. This didn't work either. The brim is down and the form of the model can be seen then the filament coils like a snake at the nozzle.

When slicing and looking at the model in layers I see the outer section in red infill in yellow. But what I am getting is nowhere near what I've sliced. It doesn't get that far before I have to cancel the print.

I designed it in Autocad and exported the stl. However I use two other cheap printers, that even though they are extremely slow, print this file well and have for all year. I do use a different slicer known as KISSlicer. It does a good job but these printers, print on Lexan and not glass. I think now that it is more of a combination of my unfamiliarity with this printer/ slicer. Thank you in advance and I am extremely grateful for any advice

At the link below in dropbox are photos of robot and single model, video robot and the stl file of the model. if you want to look https://www.dropbox.com/s/iuxzhi5wvjox12i/New%20Style%20.5%20x%201.5.stl?dl=0

5a331de10f125_RobotComp.thumb.jpg.c2ddb4f0512d0ac7eb32b4ec6fb21c9c.jpg5a331de18ff20_Modelprintbed(1).thumb.jpg.285088c3e21d1d1a7838699c9de8ed72.jpg5a331de304f2e_Modelprint(2).thumb.jpg.4a580eac49b3fe24fc55944334342179.jpg5a331de35a949_Modelprintbed(3).thumb.jpg.21418e871f8467fdcfa682614bc54eae.jpg

5a331de10f125_RobotComp.thumb.jpg.c2ddb4f0512d0ac7eb32b4ec6fb21c9c.jpg

5a331de18ff20_Modelprintbed(1).thumb.jpg.285088c3e21d1d1a7838699c9de8ed72.jpg

5a331de304f2e_Modelprint(2).thumb.jpg.4a580eac49b3fe24fc55944334342179.jpg

5a331de35a949_Modelprintbed(3).thumb.jpg.21418e871f8467fdcfa682614bc54eae.jpg

Could it be the model? Meaning it was drawn in autocad imperial converted to metric. Should I redesign it as a metric design? Using full metric geometry or is that a non issue?

Was your Ultimaker robot also sliced in KISSlicer, or is it the default gcode that came on the SD card?

If you slice in Cura are your results the same? Is your filament purging at the start of your prints?

What sort of bottom layer speed are you using, and what is your layer height? If you're trying to push too much filament out at once, you can see grinding and under extrusion. If the printhead is moving too quickly on the bottom layer, it could have adhesion problems and get caught on the head.

Are you printing in ABS or PLA?

model looks fine to me, I would probably not use Brim at all in fact.

I think if the PLA is curling up at the nozzle then you're having trouble sticking to the bed. (are you using PLA?)

I would check your bed level, Bed Temp, etc to make sure your getting a good 1st layer. I'll try printing this on mine and see how it works.

I was able to print with no brim. So the file is good. One small improvement you might consider (if you can without changing it's function) I would adjust the thickness of the walls to be even multiples of the nozzle (so 0.8mm or 1.6mm) this way it will slice and print better without all trying to print infill.

here's a video (also I'm using blue tape which I prefer to the heated bed, you don't get as much elephant foot, warping, and you can start another print immediately without waiting for the bed to cool down) If I do use the heated bed I only choose 25C since my basement is cold in the winter and I want at least 25-27C on the bed, but no higher due to the blue tape doing the job of providing adhesion.

That looks really good. Were you using PLA? That may speed production exponentially. I was aware that the brim wasn't necessary but advised to use it. I am okay with not using is much as using it.

Moreover, I am so thankful for any and all advice, I also grateful for your desire to help. As it seems I am continually putting out fires. I am able to sort out an issue or two and just as I am jumping up and down with delight, yet another one pops up. The filament I am using is ABS 3mm, in the prior photos the speed of the print for all parts was set to 40mm/s hot end temp was set to 255 acting under the advice of support in Memphis. (my other printers do well at 245°c) and the bed was then and now set to 100°c or 212°f

My other printers used KISSlicer new out of the box and print lexan and not glass. The only value to me is the support that it creates for the model. I am considering modifying certain aspects of them and upgrading to glass to use CURA for all. The KISSlicer user input for final prints is different enough that when printing over time may become confusing. I maintain, upgrade, and advise other users. I am the overall end user tasked with taking care of these wonderful machines and I want to do the best job I can.

I was able to solve the dilemma of nozzle dragging thru the print. I changed a few setting as well as redesigning the model. The changes made were:

1. Bed - reset print bed from .1mm roughly to roughly .3 mm

2. Retraction - speed: 45mm/s distance: 4.5mm/s to speed: 35mm/s distance: 3.5mm/s

3. Print Speed - lowered from 40mm/s to 35mm/s and travel remained at 150 mm/s

4. "Z" hop - Raised from zero, to .1mm

5. Redesign model to a metric geometric design

After completing these modifications and made a test print, everything was exactly as desired. However, once I set the printer to print multiples it started out nicely, but the finished product is slightly askew. The layers are in line with what the sides "X" axis as expected, but  in the "Z" axes at an angle arcing away in the "Y" axis. The final print appears to have taken on a life of its own. It wasn't part of the design nor the slice. When the gcode is plotted it doesn't prove to show any abnormalities in the code. I have included photos to illustrate. Re-slicing and changing file name to see if that is the problem. Any suggestions would be great appreciated.

5a331df316852_TestcomptoMulti.thumb.jpeg.8d21925da0d5beccca175dfd20dc08df.jpeg5a331df342ebc_Multiprint.thumb.jpg.0f00e3bd0796bf923d03888c3c2bf35e.jpg5a331df371fd0_FinalPrint.thumb.jpeg.f5033a7985579bee2ff21fd16315f621.jpeg

5a331df316852_TestcomptoMulti.thumb.jpeg.8d21925da0d5beccca175dfd20dc08df.jpeg

5a331df342ebc_Multiprint.thumb.jpg.0f00e3bd0796bf923d03888c3c2bf35e.jpg

5a331df371fd0_FinalPrint.thumb.jpeg.f5033a7985579bee2ff21fd16315f621.jpeg

I've had no luck getting replies back from Fabrc8 when inquiring about a part on their site.

Not sure if they have an email issue or something....?

I've had no luck getting replies back from Fabrc8 when inquiring about a part on their site.

All I know is that most of the calls and emails go into a queue of sorts and are somehow divvied out. All of the contact on the website is below. I hope this helps. What is the problem that you are having?

Submit a request

https://fbrc8.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

support@fbrc8.com

sales@fbrc8.com

(888) 451 5115

• Like 1

The final print appears to have taken on a life of its own.

5a331df371fd0_FinalPrint.thumb.jpeg.f5033a7985579bee2ff21fd16315f621.jpeg

looks like you have a loose pulley I would start with the pulley on the y stepper motor. If it was slipping this would explain the drift in the y direction.

• Like 1

Thanks for all of the help and advice it has all been very useful and I will be putting them into practice. I will post a photo soon to show what your advice has done. Many thanks and if I can ever assist you it would be my pleasure. Thank you.

Hi, LePaul,

I'm sorry to hear you didn't get a response. Our team is very conscientious about responding to all queries in a timely manner (our hours are 8-4:30pm central time). The easiest way to reach us is emailing Support@fbrc8.com, however, we are also available by phone and live chat during our office hours. Did you check the domain name when you emailed? We've had a few emails we found out bounced because the domain name was incorrect; fbrc8 should be spelled without any vowels. If you still need anything please don't hesitate to reach out to us and we can answer any questions.

• Like 1

Hi Erin,

I cut/paste directly from your Contact page to support.

No worries, I was able to find a solution elsewhere

I'm glad you were able to get assistance. If there's anything else we can do, please let us know.

Hi Erin,

I cut/paste directly from your Contact page to support.

No worries, I was able to find a solution elsewhere