Cura 2.1.2 has been released!

SandervG

Posted (edited) · Cura 2.1.2 has been released!

Cura 2.1.2. is live!

For novices, it makes it easy to get great results. For experts, there are over 200 settings to adjust to your needs. As it’s open source, our community helps enrich it even more.

It has a few very interesting new features; check them out!

NEW FEATURES

Select Multiple Objects

You now have the freedom to select and manipulate multiple objects at the same time.

Grouping

You can now group objects together to make it easier to manipulate multiple objects.

Undo/Redo

You can now undo and redo your actions, like moving an object or scaling.

Setting Profiles

The new GUI allows custom profiles to load easily and intuitively, directly from Cura.

3MF File Loading Support

We’re happy to report we now support loading 3MF files. This is a new file format similar to AMF, but freely available.

Intuitive Cut-Off Object Bottom

We’ve added a feature than allows you to move objects below the build plate. You can either correct a model with a rough bottom, or print only a part of an object. Please note that the implementation greatly differs from the old one where it was a setting.

64-bit Windows Builds

An optimized 64-bit Windows Cura version is now available. This allows loading larger model files.

Automatic calculations

Cura allows to set a number of lines/layers instead of millimeters. The engine automatically calculates the right settings.

Per-Object Settings

You can now select different profiles for different objects and when in advance mode override individual settings.

Give it a try and let us know what you think!

Here you can find an FAQ about Cura.

Edited by Guest

Posted · Cura 2.1.2 has been released!

Q...

this morning cura said there was a new update and so i updated

but i only got to 15.04.6.... why did it not point me to 2.1.2 ?

I think this is because they are so different and "legacy CURA" just keeps updating in it's same path.

Not clearly identifying the difference is a naming issue that was not well thought out at UM HQ.

Not clearly identifying the difference is a naming issue that was not well thought out at UM HQ.

They are busy collecting all the information from users, they had no time going through all these little things :)

https://ultimaker.com/en/resources/20511-change-machine-settings

better explanation of the different stuff could be very usefull

"machine_head_shape_min_x":

i have looked in all the other other files and found no example with explanation text on that one... that was just a pick... a full list would be the best so i can judge myself what i want in my json

http://pastebin.com/w0NzPda3

this is as far i got, are there any more hardware i can spec?

i looked at the other json files but since there is no complete list of settings/variables its hard to judge if i could add more settings

the machine_head_shape section i dont understand...

machine_head_shape_min_y does that tell the size of the heating block from the nozzle tip towards y min endstop?

For example this setting: "machine_head_shape_min_x" means the distance from the tip of the nozzle to the outer part of the head, anything on the head that could crash into a previous print, in the negative x direction (the value you put in should not be negative though).

For example this setting: "machine_head_shape_min_x" means the distance from the tip of the nozzle to the outer part of the head, anything on the head that could crash into a previous print, in the negative x direction (the value you put in should not be negative though).

thanks....

next my wish is a full list of options

does the fdmprinter.json have them all ?

oh yes....

"machine_nozzle_gantry_distance": {

"default": 55

i know this is from nozzle tip, but where on gantry?

is it simply the lowest part of the gantry? ie my case of the mendel90 it would be the zip ties that holds the bearings in place or the belt that moves the x carriage as that is a few mm lower

"machine_head_shape_min_x":

Thats actually an old setting that isn't used anymore (but we didn't purge everywhere)

"machine_nozzle_gantry_distance":

Nozzle tip to any part of the gantry that can hit the print. This variable is only used in one at a time printing.

does the fdmprinter.json have them all ?

Yes.

I've just received my 2+ upgrade kit but not installed it yet.

Should I be using this new 2.1.2 version after the upgrade?

Thanks

Peter

No you can use 15.04 if you want no problem

Should I be using this new 2.1.2 version after the upgrade?

You can if you want to. You don't have to.

yep...

got most things set for 2.1.2 i think... only to find out that i cant tell cura what com port to use and speed.... it cant find my printer automatic

yep...

got most things set for 2.1.2 i think... only to find out that i cant tell cura what com port to use and speed.... it cant find my printer automatic

That's because -non- of the ports are found to give the right replies when spoken to ;) Setting them by hand would not have changed anything.

well it works fine under 15.04.06... but only when i tell what com port and speed. auto detect never worked

so yes doing it by hand does make a difference :-D

Any ETA on dual extrusion support? Also toolchange scripts?

Thankss!

Any ETA on dual extrusion support? Also toolchange scripts?

Thankss!

a dual extrusion printer is added after having a look in the folder resources--> machines --> dual extrusion printer, i dont know if its working or not .......

im having trouble adding my custom made printer with those json files, i prefered the previous approach

Edited by Guest

a dual extrusion printer is added after having a look in the folder resources--> machines --> dual extrusion printer, i dont know if its working or not .......

You can get it to work, but it's far from perfect. As you can see from the current state of the source code; we made a number of changes that makes dual a lot easier.

im having trouble adding my custom made printer with those json files, i prefered the previous approach

I can understand. But we did make a conscious choice there. Once you have a .json file, it can be much easier shared with others (even put in a next release).

i found a bug when using rafts

i put 6 parts on the build plate, when slicing one of the parts does not have a raft

bugnZD5.jpg

all the parts are yellow

yAON5Xr.jpg

when i remove the part that has no raft another part gets no raft

xApemZ6.jpg

5 of 6 parts are still yellow

EnPzgMU.jpg

edit: after more testing it even happens with 2 parts

sometimes not willing to slice even both parts(yellow) and completely no rafts

edit2 : made a bug report on github https://github.com/Ultimaker/Cura/issues/812

Edited by Guest

Nice find! Thanks for reporting it :)

Nice find! Thanks for reporting it :)

it should be fixed in cura 2.2. (see github)

Its only a graphical bug so not a big problem

Edited by Guest