Extreme under extrusion

Posted · Extreme under extrusion

Leak happens because... well there's a gap between the barrel / nozzle.

If when you assembled it you followed the manual and you made the nozzle 'touch' the aluminium block, then most probably you can't press it harder.

What I would do.

- Atomic pull

- Heat to 150ish

- Take out the nozzle

- Unscrew the barrel/peek (it will come out as one if you take the nozzle first)

- Colddown to 90C

- Clean the blackgoo, at 80-90C it should go out as 'one' sticky pla. Pealing it out isn't hard at that temp.

- Colddown

- Install the nozzle but leave a very small visible gap so it doesn't touch the alu block

- Install the barrel until it can't go futher. Carefully OFC because if you force it you can break the barrel flat area.

- Make sure the nozzle, by hand (or with a tool but don't tight it cold yet), can't go depper, that means that it's touching the barrel.

- Then assemble everything, but don't install the aluminium fancap yet.

- Heat the hotend to 180C and with propper tools, so you don't get burns, hold the barrel and with a wrench tight the nozzle, a bit, don't overdoit, ultimaker 3mm nozzle can break easily, so just tight it 'nice' (this it's very hard to explain with words).

- It shouldn't leak anymore

The other way I done this, but only works if you already have the nozzle not fullytouching the aluminium heater block. Just turn all to 200C, and tight the nozzle. Again, carefully.

Basically, this, but with some clean up:

• Like 1

Posted · Extreme under extrusion

Thanks so much guys! My printer finally prints! The bottom layers were still a bit thin, but it turned out fine once it reached around the fifth layer. It didn't do too well between the legs (marvin), but I have nothing to complain about since it couldn't even print before!

Thank you Labern for bearing with me all the way thru this! I tightened the feeder spring and held down the camp with some rubber bands, and now the feeder is working properly!

And thank you neotko for the instructions! It still leaks a bit, but it's barely anything!

• Like 1