UM2 makes new kind of rattling noise, what could it be?

Posted (edited) · UM2 makes new kind of rattling noise, what could it be?

Dear Ultimakers,

My Ultimaker2 is already more than two years in function. I kept it in good condition, like sewingoil on the metal bars and the green stuff on the middle screw. Now my printer makes this rattling noise, while printing, and I am not sure where it comes from. Please click the link for the;  sound

I did note that the rattling sound is the most when the direction is going on the X ax. (At least; it is the ax parallel with the Ultimakerlogo) The rubber bands are tight enough and the metal bars are in good condition. Could the sound come from the right side on the back, or from the nozzlepart? Does somebody recognize the sound?

The only thing what is maybe to remark is that the rubberbands, both at the back, give rubber parts, like black dust, on the wheels. It shows that they give some kind of friction, although this is the matter already for some months or so.

If somebody knows that would be very helpful,

Edited by Guest

Posted · UM2 makes new kind of rattling noise, what could it be?

Change the belts....with my car I never could think about diving in the machinery. Since I have Ultimakers I am getting a real mechanic....8)

Thank you for your quick suggestion

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
    • Our picks

• UltiMaker Cura 5.7 stable released
        Cura 5.7 is here and it brings a handy new workflow improvement when using Thingiverse and Cura together, as well as additional capabilities for Method series printers, and a powerful way of sharing print settings using new printer-agnostic project files! Read on to find out about all of these improvements and more. 

• 7 replies
      • S-Line Firmware 8.3.0 was released Nov. 20th on the "Latest" firmware branch.
        (Sorry, was out of office when this released)

This update is for...
        All UltiMaker S series  
        New features

Temperature status. During print preparation, the temperatures of the print cores and build plate will be shown on the display. This gives a better indication of the progress and remaining wait time. Save log files in paused state. It is now possible to save the printer's log files to USB if the currently active print job is paused. Previously, the Dump logs to USB option was only enabled if the printer was in idle state. Confirm print removal via Digital Factory. If the printer is connected to the Digital Factory, it is now possible to confirm the removal of a previous print job via the Digital Factory interface. This is useful in situations where the build plate is clear, but the operator forgot to select Confirm removal on the printer’s display. Visit this page for more information about this feature.
        • 0 replies