FatIRobertI feeder for Bondtech dualdrive 1.75mm cheap kit

Posted · FatIRobertI feeder for Bondtech dualdrive 1.75mm cheap kit

Show me a step file that has your 4mm bowden and I will try to edit it this week. I can't send the step file since most of the inner measurements are based on the step file that @IRobertI sent me from his IRobertI feeder.

Yea stl edition is a mess. But I think I can change it for more normal bowdens so more users can use it.

Woah, I wasn't expecting you to do it, but thanks! And sorry, but I don't really understand what you mean by my step file that has my 4mm bowden. If you are referring to the modified version of your design that I keep speaking of, unfortunately, I do not have that; I've only been conjuring up ideas, and no actual changes have been made yet :p

Basically, all I wanted to do was to allow for a 4 mm OD tube and one of E3D's bowden couplers (just because I'll get one for free if I buy an E3D V6). I don't know if that design will fit other types of couplers; you have a lot more experience than I do!

Thanks for volunteering to do it, though! And I'll attempt to do it anyway, even though it'll be completely useless, just because I feel ashamed of myself that I kind of just let you do all the hard work :p

Yeah it could be nice to see a working feeder that uses a 4mm/2mm bowden. I think @Dim3nsioneer did one with the IRobertI feeder https://www.youmagine.com/designs/body-of-iroberti-s-feeder-for-1-75mm

Will give it a try this week.

I actually inserted a 3mm/2mm PTFE tube into a standard Bowden.

• Like 1

Basically, all I wanted to do was to allow for a 4 mm OD tube and one of E3D's bowden couplers (just because I'll get one for free if I buy an E3D V6). I don't know if that design will fit other types of couplers; you have a lot more experience than I do!

Thanks for volunteering to do it, though! And I'll attempt to do it anyway, even though it'll be completely useless, just because I feel ashamed of myself that I kind of just let you do all the hard work :p

Well there we go, nothing like passing some fever to sit down on the computer and do a change :D

Added a Bottom part that should work with 4mm OD 2mm ID bowdens

Fatbert4bondtech Body V3 Bottom 4mmbowdenSTL – 1.9 mb

Also it should work with @meduza clip since I based the 4-2mm area to clip the bowden on one of his designs.

Just remember I have not tested/printed it. It 'should' work. If you get it working please post a photo for the collection :D and if it fails, tell me!

Cheers!

Thank you so much @neotko! I'll have to get some higher temperature filament to withstand the heat of the motor, but I'll try to get it done!

I do have 3 1 kg rolls of 3mm filament, so I'll have to wait until those are used up until I change to 1.75 mm, though......

Yeah I've go so much filament to use up right now, so I can't upgrade to your design just yet, but I'll try printing it with some pla and see how well it turns out!

Well there's no hurry :D I suppose with a 4mm bowden this design can be used by more people.

Oh also I use 3 all printed on pla, they work and work and work. So far no problems.

Pla? I'm surprised!

Twice my pla has softened within the feeder due to the heat from the motor, causing it to flatten against the hobbed drive and jam the feeder. And that was through all the wood.

Which brand's pla did you use?

Just transparent red colorfabb that I had from a year ago. (one of the secret advantages of 1.75 is that even if you can snap by hand it doesn't break on the feeder if you print at the correct temp)...

So.. yeah. Also my feeder use a small separation that is in full contact with the feeder, so that the part that gets most of the heat. Probably that part will need replacement after 6months. That's why I love to make my designs modular, so you only need to print one or two parts to replace it or adapt it for other stuff.

Oh also my feeder motors have a heat sink sticked with hightemp alutape (for easy removal if needed), that probably is the reason is holding. But even the IRobertI feeder I used didn't suffer much (that was before installing the heat sinks).

Yo print it on a high temp material I would choose pla-tec because is also very slippery (but needs hairspray for bed adhesion).

Okay thanks! I was originally thinking about going with some clear nGen (which would look awesome), but I might try it with pla now that I know it works!

@neotko, totally did not see your question the other day, do you still want that step file? I can of course send it to you :-)

Posted (edited) · FatIRobertI feeder for Bondtech dualdrive 1.75mm cheap kit

@neotko, totally did not see your question the other day, do you still want that step file? I can of course send it to you :-)

No need. I used your stl to recreate the circles than fit the 4mm bowden with clip. I think worse case it can be hotfix with a file to make the circle a bit wider.

Thanks men!!

Edited by Guest
    • Like 1

amazing project. I have been using it for 4 years with Bondtech Gears 1.75 5mm. thanks