Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts

Alternative for Blender or is there a way?

Posted · Alternative for Blender or is there a way?

Hey,

i am using Blender since 1 year for photorealistic interior render and Archviz. Now i want to use it for

3D-print but i have a lot problems when it comes to precise and complex shapes. I know Blender

is not a CAD programm but is there a way or must i learn a new programm like FreeCAD?

I would like to stay with blender, because it is very comfortable to use for me.

• 2 weeks later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
    • Our picks

• Startups, apply for the Forward AM Innovation Award!
        Are you a startup using 3D printing? Perhaps you should continue reading... 

Together with BASF we are launching the Forward AM Innovation Award - the very first global contest for startups developing new applications with 3D printing!

Why apply?
        The winning startup will receive €100,000 in goods and services*, along with coaching and marketing exposure from top-notch leaders in the industry.

Who can apply?
        Your startup creates products using Additive Manufacturing, is less than 5 years old, and has less than 50 employees. We are looking for 3D printing applications with a strong focus on innovation, sustainability and scalability.

Dental aligners, shoes, tools, automotive parts, music instruments, industrial tooling and molding, medical implants, sports equipment, toys, architecture, fashion, construction... all are welcome to join!

Do you have an innovative, sustainable and scalable idea that leverages the unique possibilities of 3D printing? Then it is time to apply!
        More information can be found here.

Applications close on March 28th, 2021
        * What does "in goods and services" mean?
        The winner will be able to pick any item from the overall product and service portfolio of the sponsors, e.g. printers, materials, consulting, software... Choose whatever you need to accelerate your startup.

• 0 replies
      • New here? Register your Ultimaker for free 3D printer onboarding course
        Hi,

Often getting started is the most difficult part of any process. A good start sets you up for success and saves you time and energy that could be spent elsewhere. That is why we have a onboarding course ready for
        Ultimaker S5 Pro Bundle, Ultimaker S5, Ultimaker S3 Ultimaker 2+ Connect.   
        They're ready for you on the Ultimaker Academy platform. All you need to do to gain access is to register your product to gain free access. 
        Ready? Register your product here in just 60 seconds.
        • 0 replies