Jump to content
Cura Connect | Survey Read more... ×
Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts

Trouble with changing filament with cura 2.1.3 firmware, fix?

Recommended Posts

Yesterday I thought to update to Cura 2.1.3 from 15.4.6. Finally I had some time to figure out the new Cura and I like the software already.

I came across a weird bug, for me anyway. I updated the firmware for the machine with the firmware that comes along with cura 2.1.3. Everything did go as planned, but when I wanted to change material the machine was acting weird. No filament came out of the back door. I noticed that machine wanted to push it all out of the nozzle instead, but with such speed the filament started to grind in the feeder till it had no grip to push the filament in. I thought maybe I did something wrong so when everything was removed by hand I started to do the "change filament" procedure again and I saw that the feeder is turning the wrong way in every step of the procedure.

So in every step of the "change filament" procedure the feeder is turning the wrong way. Can I fix this in the firmware file somewhere? Is someone having the same issue?

I noticed that the "change filament" procedure is slightly changed in the last firmware update. Maybe something goes wrong there.

I downgraded the machine to 15.4.6 and everything worked well again.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Our picks

    • Architect Design Contest | People
      The goal of this contest is to design a set of people figurines that could be used in such a project to make an area, office or mall seem populated. 
      Think of different types of people in different environments, like walking people, people standing still, working people, and both men and women.
      • 9 replies
    • Taking Advantage of DfAM
      This is a statement that’s often made about AM/3DP. I'll focus on the way DfAM can take advantage of some of the unique capabilities that AM and 3DP have to offer. I personally think that the use of AM/3DP for light-weighting is one of it’s most exciting possibilities and one that could play a key part in the sustainability of design and manufacturing in the future.
        • Like
      • 3 replies

Important Information

Welcome to the Ultimaker Community of 3D printing experts. Visit the following links to read more about our Terms of Use or our Privacy Policy. Thank you!