Trouble with changing filament with cura 2.1.3 firmware, fix?

harmenschippers

Posted · Trouble with changing filament with cura 2.1.3 firmware, fix?

Yesterday I thought to update to Cura 2.1.3 from 15.4.6. Finally I had some time to figure out the new Cura and I like the software already.

I came across a weird bug, for me anyway. I updated the firmware for the machine with the firmware that comes along with cura 2.1.3. Everything did go as planned, but when I wanted to change material the machine was acting weird. No filament came out of the back door. I noticed that machine wanted to push it all out of the nozzle instead, but with such speed the filament started to grind in the feeder till it had no grip to push the filament in. I thought maybe I did something wrong so when everything was removed by hand I started to do the "change filament" procedure again and I saw that the feeder is turning the wrong way in every step of the procedure.

So in every step of the "change filament" procedure the feeder is turning the wrong way. Can I fix this in the firmware file somewhere? Is someone having the same issue?

I noticed that the "change filament" procedure is slightly changed in the last firmware update. Maybe something goes wrong there.

I downgraded the machine to 15.4.6 and everything worked well again.

the feeders on the UM2 and UM2 PLUS rotate in a different direction, are you sure you installed the firmware for the correct machine (=selected the correct machine in cura before the firmware update)

I checked and I accidentally chose the wrong printer. I needed to have checked the extended + and not the extended.

I will try it now, but I think it will go well this time. I already thought that I was missing something, because more people would have had the same issue.

Thank a lot :)