Firmware reboot/setup timeout

sonicdudemg

Posted · Firmware reboot/setup timeout

Hello, I have a question. I have a Ultimaker original with extruder upgrade and a custom built heated bed. The printer was working well until today where it printed and would stop in the middle of the print. I tried to update the firmware and now it says that there isn't any bautrate detected. I did use a custom firmware before and I would like to reset the stored firmware in the ultimate or reboot the adruino to have the custom and before 7/15/2014 drivers.

So I figured out the problem. The machine when powered on still had the motors moving at a very small rate. Very hard to detect. So I tested the board and found indeed the problem was with the Adrino. So I removed it and manually reseted the board and added the custom firmware to set it up. Then I put everything back together and reconnected the adrino back to the ultimate board and now the is communications to the Ultimaker.

So now what's happening is if I have the heated bed running, it will heat up and after a few layers will stop completely. If I leave it off, it continues but doesn't stick to the bed as well and eventually comes off. Im not quite sure if its too much for the Adriano to handle the two things at once. S I was hoping to get it back using the heated bed running when it printing. Also the live editing of temps and other stuff in the printing window.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
    • Our picks

• UltiMaker Cura 5.7 stable released
        Cura 5.7 is here and it brings a handy new workflow improvement when using Thingiverse and Cura together, as well as additional capabilities for Method series printers, and a powerful way of sharing print settings using new printer-agnostic project files! Read on to find out about all of these improvements and more. 

• 18 replies
      • S-Line Firmware 8.3.0 was released Nov. 20th on the "Latest" firmware branch.
        (Sorry, was out of office when this released)

This update is for...
        All UltiMaker S series  
        New features

Temperature status. During print preparation, the temperatures of the print cores and build plate will be shown on the display. This gives a better indication of the progress and remaining wait time. Save log files in paused state. It is now possible to save the printer's log files to USB if the currently active print job is paused. Previously, the Dump logs to USB option was only enabled if the printer was in idle state. Confirm print removal via Digital Factory. If the printer is connected to the Digital Factory, it is now possible to confirm the removal of a previous print job via the Digital Factory interface. This is useful in situations where the build plate is clear, but the operator forgot to select Confirm removal on the printer’s display. Visit this page for more information about this feature.
        • 0 replies