Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Sign in to follow this  
supermange

Tube disconnected from quick fit coupling

Hello World,

First off: i love the internet and especially how it allows me to connect with people like you.

I brought a pre-owned ultimaker about a year ago - the guy said it was one of the first ones to be deliverd to sweden - anyway: i got it running and did a couple of prints but as i had it setup in a closet, i did not want to leave it unatended for longer prints. I dont recall why, but it got left alone unused for a while. And then we moved. And then we moved again. Now i finaly have a garage/workshop to run my ultimaker in.

So this past weekend i got it up and running again - pleased to find cura to make that part of the process a bit simpler for me.

Anyway: the last cpl of days i have been printing fine*. But yesterday i had a print fail on me while not around to see it. The machine had stoped on like the first or second layer and a small "blobb" was formed. It had been like that for like 40 minutes and when i returned i didnt seem to be able to push any pla forward. After some janking i got i backwards. In that process the tube and little gray thing on the material feed mecanism got disconnected. In reserch for this post i have just found out that the name of the part is "quick fit coupling" - the name implys that the tube comming lose might be the parts purpos.... Last night i diddnt manage to get it reconnected.

I think that i cleard up the block in the extruder (cutting the tip of the pulled back pla, pushing it back in by hand while heeting to 250). It took a while but i think it feeds as good as it did before...

Long story short question: Is there a trick to reattacheing the QFC?

*probably not by your standards but i didnt join this board to simply discuss my first issue..