ULTIMAKER 3 (DUAL EXTRUSION?)

nerdwarrior

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted · ULTIMAKER 3 (DUAL EXTRUSION?)

i mean to buy a u3 build plate  and use it with a u2+

what about the retractions options while printing on a u3/?

Yeah, the UM3 plate should fit the UM2, the position of the bearings is the same. not sure about the screw touching the Z endstop, but thats easy to adapt if needed.

Not sure about the retract, can't check now, will do later

You can link directly into the video stream, also from your phone;

yourIP:8080/?action=stream

There will be a phone app for control, but for now in closed beta.

For both options you need to be on your local network, so find out how to setup a VPN, took me only a few minutes, but how easy it is is depending on your router.

i got lost with this...

http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xx:8080/?action=stream

type this in your browser, replace the xxx by the IP of the printer.

not sure if you see it on the printer when it's not in DEV mode, otherwise login to your router, it should show a list there.

http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xx:8080/?action=stream

type this in your browser, replace the xxx by the IP of the printer.

not sure if you see it on the printer when it's not in DEV mode, otherwise login to your router, it should show a list there.

thanks!

it worked! but then for remote control of the printer then we will need to wait for that App?

cheers!

Yep, you need a bit more patience.....

I have no idea about the ETA, but I already have a very early (closed)beta (probably not even a beta...) that already has monitoring and remote shutdown.

theres a way to make the camera work faster?---> it is kinda slow.... i thought i can make speed runs with it...

Cura 2.4 has full streaming.

any way of changing retractions speed and length  while printing wirelessly from cura?

While it's printing? No, the g-code decides what the retractions are & how they are handled.

2.5 years product development? LOL you should have used one of those companies that do that 3D printing thingy; they claim to do prototypes really quickly. Never mind always next time but if you can find one that makes printers, writes slicing software and supplies filament I am sure you could trust them to do a good job for you.

I believe Ultimaker actually used their own Ultimaker 2+'s to prototype parts for their UM3! And it's kind of hard to beat Ultimaker when it comes to making awesome stuff......

We did, and we even wrote a story about it :)

I'm just wondering, what happens to all of Ultimaker's prototypes? Parts or entire printers alike, where do they go?

I'm just wondering, what happens to all of Ultimaker's prototypes? Parts or entire printers alike, where do they go?

They get scrapped, sold to employees or re-used in other prototypes / proof of concepts.

They get scrapped, sold to employees or re-used in other prototypes / proof of concepts.

I feel like if you put them up for grabs, the community would go wild.

Haha most definitely! But as Nallath said, most parts are actually used in all kinds of prototypes, extreme tests, torture test etc.

That's the beauty of UMs, you can easily disassemble them and use almost every part again!

pssssst @UMemployee's, let me know when I need to check the dumpster and I'll hop in the train ;)

That's the beauty of UMs, you can easily disassemble them and use almost every part again!

It'll be interesting to see someone make a hybrid printer out of the UMO+, UM2+, and UM3. That would look AWESOME.

Does anyone have any guesses as to whether Ultimaker will have a sale this Black Friday? Last year they didn't, but iGo3D did have a discount.

Does anyone have any guesses as to whether Ultimaker will have a sale this Black Friday? Last year they didn't, but iGo3D did have a discount.

not really a european thing.. i am betting on no.

...Black Friday? ...

not really a european thing.. i am betting on no.

....not yet ;)

(I bet it will be in a few years. Today I heard the first Dutch radio-commercials mentioning "black Friday")

I know Zortrax is having a discount, so I would be ashamed if Ultimaker, a company who's been around much longer, doesn't......

I'm not surprised Zortrax discount their printers as they are not worth buying in the first place.

• Like 4

I know Zortrax is having a discount, so I would be ashamed if Ultimaker, a company who's been around much longer, doesn't......

I just think Ultimaker doesn't need to boost their sales for the moment. Their discounts usually makes sense and aren't just a flash thing. However, I wish they did some Black Friday discounts, specially on the Upgrade kit!

• Like 1

Just dreaming about a 2.5k UM3 :p

In my dreams they are free

• Like 2

Black Friday isn't good enough.

This is what we need.

free_stuff_friday_logo7-281_(1).jpg

• Like 1

I'm not surprised Zortrax discount their printers as they are not worth buying in the first place.

Ha ha...wow, @Labern. And people think I'm critical! :)

• Like 2