nerdwarrior

ULTIMAKER 3 (DUAL EXTRUSION?)

Posted · ULTIMAKER 3 (DUAL EXTRUSION?)

Congrats to the people who won the cosplay design contest! Have fun with your new Ultimakers!

**Secretly jealous**

Call me stupid...but there is something I didn't grasp ? Why do we have only a 0,4 mm nozzle and not the full range like we had so far with our UM2 and UM2+ ?

Call me stupid...but there is something I didn't grasp ? Why do we have only a 0,4 mm nozzle and not the full range like we had so far with our UM2 and UM2+ ?

The Ultimaker team has worked on printing profiles to make the slicing process easier and more reliable. As the nozzle diameter is along with the filament material the two most important things to take into account when creating a profile, they focused on the standard 0.4mm nozzle.

There are plans to release printcores with bigger nozzles (0.6/0.8mm?) during next year, and I'm sure there's already people working on Olsson printcores, which are more focused on the maker community and not that much on big companies that don't have time to tweak with their printers. However, I'd say these Olsson printcores aren't an Ultimaker product, but if someone know more than me, please correct me!