ULTIMAKER 3 (DUAL EXTRUSION?)

nerdwarrior

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted · ULTIMAKER 3 (DUAL EXTRUSION?)

you usually end up buying more parts and spending extra money on something that wasn't exactly cheap in the first place.

isn't that the case with any hobby :p

lol true. I'm just careful to keep everything as cheap as I can :)

And I just noticed that under your name the UM3 is listed as one of your printers. Like HOW. Did you beta test it or something?

• Like 1

Well if you look at the PC market once it stabilised, ie price reductions reducing, you might have paid the same price for a new model but you get more bangs for you buck at the same price.

I paid around 3.5k eu for my dual extruder printer 3 years ago so one would hope it would not be more than that I think; and that price included a construction using all cnc alloys apart form the obvious plastic/rubber/brass parts, and fully enclosed.

:p       you just have to be a bit more patient for a few days.....

Grrr...... not funny.....

Print an Ultimaker on your Ultimaker in tribute to the new Ultimaker.

Then you would've covered 3 Ultimakers and everyone would be happy.

• Like 1

Anyone else watching Tom's live stream?

Perhaps..., but his live streams are usually soooo long and boring.... we'll see.

Anyone seen this approach to dual nozzles before

?

Maybe this is the way the new Ultimaker is built? :D

?

Could be that I'm just overlooking something, but isn't that just the default way of doing it? (eg the same way the UMO Dual extrusion kit does it?)

Posted (edited) · ULTIMAKER 3 (DUAL EXTRUSION?)

?

Could be that I'm just overlooking something, but isn't that just the default way of doing it? (eg the same way the UMO Dual extrusion kit does it?)

in the video (after a while) there is a small mechanism that somehow lifts the head about 1 or 2 mm and lowers the other one.

it's also the defacto standard way of doing this with 2 nozzles in a static head.. so not that surprising.

Edited by Guest

?

in the video (after a while) there is a small mechanism that somehow lifts the head about 1 or 2 mm and lowers the other one.

it's also the defacto standard way of doing this with 2 nozzles in a static head.. so not that surprising.

It was the lifting part of it I had in mind, and the water cooling, haven't seen that on many machines yet.

Anyhow, I'm really excited to see how Ultimaker has solved this.

Posted (edited) · ULTIMAKER 3 (DUAL EXTRUSION?)

?

No, that is with Wakü (Water cooling) and nozzle lift

Look here https://ultimaker.com/en/community/17656-ultimaker-2-dual-extruder-einstellen?page=12#reply-150279 and https://ultimaker.com/en/community/17656-ultimaker-2-dual-extruder-einstellen?page=12#reply-150391

Edited by Guest
    • Like 1

I'm guessing it's probably going to be a Y-splitter (like the Prusa i3 Mk2) or the foehnsturm approach.

Also possibly independent printheads like the BCN3D Sigma, but I'm pretty sure it will be something simpler because two printheads would complicate things and increase the desk footprint.

Also possibly independent printheads like the BCN3D Sigma, but I'm pretty sure it will be something simpler because two printheads would complicate things and increase the desk footprint.

I'm sure it'll be something small and smart :)

It's almost here! Can't wait.....

32 hours to go :)

I'm pretty sure it's going to be the foehnsturm approach now:

Look at the third-to-last post foehnsturm made on the last page: https://ultimaker.com/en/community/10657-a-different-multi-extrusion-approach-um-tool-printhead-changer?page=41

Then if you observe the fuzzy gif of the printer moving, you can see that the printhead keeps going to the top right corner.

It just seems so likely......

Hmm, I'm pretty sure they would have told me if they are going to use it.

• Like 4

I'm pretty sure it's going to be the foehnsturm approach now:

Look at the third-to-last post foehnsturm made on the last page: https://ultimaker.com/en/community/10657-a-different-multi-extrusion-approach-um-tool-printhead-changer?page=41

Then if you observe the fuzzy gif of the printer moving, you can see that the printhead keeps going to the top right corner.

It just seems so likely......

if you say so :)

• Like 1

We would. Everyone in the R&D department takes great care to assign attribution where it's due.

Oh I'm sorry I thought you knew and just couldn't tell us XD

Well then, that cuts down on possible solutions......

It's probably something new and innovative, though.