Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts

Hmm, mainly for two reasons:

I was looking for a drop-in replacement as simple as possible. And because I will get best manufacturing quality for the same price tag or less, compared to GT2, 20 teeth, 8 mm bore pulleys (of whichever quality).

Markus

Up and running. Belt tension remained quite similar.

Printed a

Outer dimensions used to be 19.7 to 19.8 mm with the standard setup. Now they are 19.9. Which makes me think that the printhead movement might respond better to the fast +0.1 mm / -0.1 mm stepping at the corners.

Markus

I will fix production details and the final pricing next Monday.

Switching back to one M4 thread and re-using the grub screws might be a good idea. I'm using just one screw now and tightening two screws / pulley during adjustment seems to be cumbersome. Other opinions?

Is there interest in 5 mm bore / stepper pulleys as well?

So here are the details:

Ultimaker pulleys:

• [*]20 teeth, effective circular diameter same as original pulleys

[*]dimensions: 17 mm (outer diameter) x 16.7 mm

[*]8h7 or 5h7 center bore

[*]two m4 threads with grub screws

[*]vibratory deburred

Introductory price for orders until May 6:

• [*]8x8 (8 x 8 mm): 44 € / 58 $

[*]Set of 12 (10 x 8 mm, 2 x 5 mm): 66 € / 86 $

[*]...

VAT and customs duty not included

Payment via Paypal

Suggested shipping:

DHL small parcel, insured shipping

within Europe: 4 to 10 €

USA, overseas: 22 $

Orders so far:

Dojan, Lars 86, Xeno, Joergen, illuminarti, snowygrouch, trion, fluxline, edis, (MSURunner)

Please send me a message with your detailed order, address and email.

I will place the order next week.

Thank you so much for the offer.

Anybody in for a combined shipment to the USA, to make it easier for foehnsturm? (ship one large box to the US, and I (or somebody else) breaks the order into smaller USPS flat rate shipments). Illuminarti, up for it? who else is in?

Ultimaker pulleys:

• [*]two m3 threads with grub screws

Quick question: why M3? I thought the original UM has M4 with a 2mm hex driver size? Or did I got that one wrong? (If M3 works fine, than ignore my question/comment please)

Hi Joergen - Sorry, totally overlooked this thread for a few days. Yes, I'm in. Sounds like a good plan.

Great.

For all US orders/customers who like to order pulleys, make your payment for your order to foehnsturm, and leave a comment for him to ship it to me (NYC). Once I received the bulk order from foehnsturm, I'll repackage into small, flat rate USPS boxes, and sent the pulley's your way within 1-2 days.

Hi Markus,

I would really like two full sets also if it's not too late?

How would I pay, by paypal?

Is there any chance you will be at the 3D printing FabCon fair in Erfurt, Germany?

I'm not sure where you are at!

I'm going and I'm from Sweden :)

Thanks a lot in advance,

Daniel

@Lars86

Hi Lars,

8 X 8 mm & 2 x 5mm? I will place you on Joergen's combined shipment. I would like to use Paypal and will send you a message when the pulleys are ready to dispatch.

@gadgetfreak

Hi Daniel,

two full sets is o.k. I'm from Germany (Munich) and I'm afraid I won't make it to Erfurt. My (main job) customers have their big event, the LASER 2013 fair, at the same time.

@Alexander Baloche

Hey, good to hear from the Ultimaker team. I put you on the list. It's my conviction that there are local companies, which can provide high quality for a competitive price.

Markus