Can't get a successful print with newly upgraded UM2E+?

alexx2208

Posted (edited) · Can't get a successful print with newly upgraded UM2E+?

Hey guys

I just upgraded my UM@ extended. It seems I cant get a good print, since the upgrade. It doesnt seem like an extruder issue..... Any ideas?

20161107_135518.thumb.jpg.79549a99542f6aee6e4b3243a6d37b74.jpg

20161107_135126.thumb.jpg.63117e71c03682c10f6942ff139bec0f.jpg

The extruded plastic seems like its not placed well.... If that makes any sense. Its sticking to the bed fine, its a geckotek bed.

20161107_135518.thumb.jpg.79549a99542f6aee6e4b3243a6d37b74.jpg

20161107_135126.thumb.jpg.63117e71c03682c10f6942ff139bec0f.jpg

Edited by Guest

Posted · Can't get a successful print with newly upgraded UM2E+?

I don't know anything about geckotek but... is it extruding and sticking to the nozzle? If so raise up your bed by a half turn on all 3 screws. If it's not extruding then it's of course something else.

When not printing - heat up the nozzle to printing temp and hold the feeder open with one hand (or use a wedge to hold the feeder open) and slide the filament in and out a bit to test for friction. See how much force it takes to get filament to come out of the nozzle.

I'm guessing something simple like some filament string in the bowden is clogging or the feeder gnurled sleeve isn't screwed in tight and is splipping.

I don't know anything about geckotek but... is it extruding and sticking to the nozzle? If so raise up your bed by a half turn on all 3 screws. If it's not extruding then it's of course something else.

When not printing - heat up the nozzle to printing temp and hold the feeder open with one hand (or use a wedge to hold the feeder open) and slide the filament in and out a bit to test for friction. See how much force it takes to get filament to come out of the nozzle.

I'm guessing something simple like some filament string in the bowden is clogging or the feeder gnurled sleeve isn't screwed in tight and is splipping.

What temps are you using? Does it do the same on the glass? What does Gecko suggest?

Seems that it could be something with the axis poles. The way my printer is built removes the ability for me to tighten the screws ont he axis, with the provided holders.

The filament IS definitely sticking to the bed, and I dont think its sticking to the nozzle. The Geckotek bed doesnt require heat, so its running at 20c. Ill try to heat it just a bit to see if it helps, but I'm still thinking it has something to do with he poles.

It Really doesn't seem like its something to do with clogging, but ill check tonight.

Edited by Guest

Maybe try an atomic method? Seems unlikely since the 2+ upgrade includes a whole new assembled head. Which Cura profile did you use? Can you let the print finish a bit further so we can see a sidewall print? I use a gecko plate and heat won't hurt anything. You can take teh plate off to cool it quicker anyways.

It Really doesn't seem like its something to do with clogging, but ill check tonight.

Are you saying your axis' are not square?

Are you saying your axis' are not square?

Seemed like it. I recalibrated last night, and it seems to be working OK..... for now... Ill keep you guys posted.

Okay - well I wasn't sure if it was extruding or not from the photo.  But it clearly sounds like "not".  So the advice so far all mostly wrong and geared towards "sticking to bed".

Well it's very strange that it sometimes extrudes fine and then suddenly stops for no apparent reason.

It's possible that there is a grain of sand or something inside the nozzle but I suspect the feeder.   Go to the "move material" menu and just extrude constantly until it stops extruding (should only take a few minutes I assume) and then look at the feeder while trying to extrude some more.  Is the gnurled wheel moving?  Try lifting the lever and pushing the filament by hand.  Pull out a few inches of filament (I see you are canadian so I'm guessing you do inches - or is it cm?) and look to see if the filament is chewed up.  See if it takes an incredible force (~ 10 pounds) or is easy (a few ounces).  It should be easy to remove and slide back in.  But it does take quite a bit of force to get it extruding again.

Edited by Guest