Krasnoyask

UM3 good quality but poor quality control

Posted · UM3 good quality but poor quality control

It's now two weeks on and I still have the third printer.

Yep, it's still packed up in its box from the 28/11/16.

Why? Well, mainly the reseller is hopeless. Luckily (I think) for me they refunded the first printer by mistake and replaced it. I didn't know about the refund until last week, so the printer I have is not my property to use as I do not feel like paying for a faulty printer. I have filed for a refund even though I have had that already, but still the printer sits here, even after the reseller sent an email with a collection time and date on it.

I've been sent a final reminder to pay for a printer that I should no longer have here.

Now I have this all to sort out just because Ultimaker's quality control is a bit off. I could pay for it and get it swapped again, but as it's now four weeks on without a good one I'll just keep my refund that was given by mistake.

I can also attest to the UM3 QC issues listed here. The over-tightening of the screws causing the notches in the frame to crush is just unacceptable for what Ultimaker is touting as a pro machine.

• Like 1

My third printer was finally picked up for a refund on the 12/12/16. I do now however have a letter from the supplier for legal proceedings to start as I still have to pay for it.

There's no way I'm paying for a faulty product!

Ultimaker, have a word with your resellers, you say you work hand in hand with them.

Over and out.

Posted (edited) · UM3 good quality but poor quality control

I can also attest to the UM3 QC issues listed here. The over-tightening of the screws causing the notches in the frame to crush is just unacceptable for what Ultimaker is touting as a pro machine.

If you're in the USA, talk to your reseller or the Fabrc8 people who assemble them here in the 'States.  Erin and Simon are superb to work with. Let me tag Erin @fbrc8-erin

Edited by Guest

If you're in the USA, talk to your reseller or the Fabrc8 people who assemble them here in the 'States.  Erin and Simon are superb to work with. Let me tag Erin @fbrc8-erin

@Lepaul https://ultimaker.com/reply/forward/166250