Simplify 3D is there a Bug

bob-hepple

Posted · Simplify 3D is there a Bug

The Title may be misleading BUT when I specify a process with one head and specify the layer numbers from 1 to 6 with temperature changed on them layers S3d does it,, BUT when I have two heads going the temperature changes on the 3rd layer 5th 7th 9th and 11th ??? even though in each process the temp setting are the same, it seems S3D is taking the second head as a second layer and not adjusting the temp till the first head has its next turn,,, Also if I specify a layer say at 72 there will be no temp change on that layer...

Has anyone come across this, I'm having to manually edit the G code at a given layer to turn that temp head off.

Well the thing is that each process has a layer numbers. So isn't that easy indeed. But if you check the layer number of a process then you can fix it.

Basically you can choose a layer without checking the layer number on the gcode preview.

Neotko

Thanks for the reply?? I don't find that an easy thing to understand, where is the gcode preview? are you calling that opening it in notepad.

I know the processes have there layer numbers but why when you specify layers and temp setting they are adjusted by 1. and when you specify a layer and temp setting there is no change..

in single head mode it works in dual it does not. along with the priming tower it strugles

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
    • Our picks

• UltiMaker Cura 5.7 stable released
        Cura 5.7 is here and it brings a handy new workflow improvement when using Thingiverse and Cura together, as well as additional capabilities for Method series printers, and a powerful way of sharing print settings using new printer-agnostic project files! Read on to find out about all of these improvements and more. 

• 13 replies
      • S-Line Firmware 8.3.0 was released Nov. 20th on the "Latest" firmware branch.
        (Sorry, was out of office when this released)

This update is for...
        All UltiMaker S series  
        New features

Temperature status. During print preparation, the temperatures of the print cores and build plate will be shown on the display. This gives a better indication of the progress and remaining wait time. Save log files in paused state. It is now possible to save the printer's log files to USB if the currently active print job is paused. Previously, the Dump logs to USB option was only enabled if the printer was in idle state. Confirm print removal via Digital Factory. If the printer is connected to the Digital Factory, it is now possible to confirm the removal of a previous print job via the Digital Factory interface. This is useful in situations where the build plate is clear, but the operator forgot to select Confirm removal on the printer’s display. Visit this page for more information about this feature.
        • 0 replies