Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Coustillac

Cura Will Not Slice any Model I Load

My company just purchased an Ultimaker 3 Extended and have set it up and printed sample prints. We were able to connect the printer via Ethernet but we are having issues with Cura. We are using Cura 2.3.1 64 bit. The printer is connected and I am even able to view the onboard camera, but when I load a model, it will not slice. The 3D object gets dropped on the build plate but in the bottom right it just says "slicing..." and the bar does not move. This is consistent for every model I use. I can manipulate the models on the build plate but the slicing never happens. I am unable to print anything. This issue needs to be fixed. Please help. Cura.thumb.png.a3bf16d72fa263efc59648a8c577aab8.png

Cura.thumb.png.a3bf16d72fa263efc59648a8c577aab8.png

We suspect a policy on your Windows installation may prevent "signed" applications from launching "unsigned" applications. The main Cura application is signed in 2.3.1, the CuraEngine is not. I believe work is underway to have both Cura and CuraEngine signed for 2.4, which would solve this (if it is indeed your problem with 2.3.1).

• Like 1