Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Sign in to follow this  
intensewalkera

My infil doesn't seem to go all the way to the edges

How do I explain, say I have a picture frame shape with a hole in it,the edges form fine the hole perimeter seems to form fine, but but but, I've noticed of late a lot of my prints don't seem to infil fully. The perimeters seem to peel away from the infil, if that makes sense, it's as if the infil isn't overlapping the perimeters. I've reinstalled cura a few times and its The latest version. It never used to to this, the holes wouldn't be great before, but now the holes shell is almost always not bonded to the main part. It happens at 25% infil through to 100 %. I use PLA at about 220' I've used it lower too circa 195. No change. Everything else is at default settings , to my knowledge. Is there some setting I've changed.

Oh to add, I've printed from two computers and now I use the ultimaker controller, but with the same outcome. I will try do a test piece and take a photo , if its unclear what I mean

you nailed it, one of the belts had a small-ish amount of play in it, tightened up and seems alot better now.

these ultimakers require more love and attention than my wife! i wonder if i can sell her and get another Ultimaker,

i may put the idea to her and see.

You're just having initial relationship problems with your Ultimaker, same as when your met your wife, also took a while before you where both tuned into each other ;)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Our picks

• Introducing Ultimaker Cura 3.6 | Beta
      Ultimaker Cura 3.6 | Beta is available. It comes with new features, bug fixes, and UX improvements. We would really like to have your feedback on it to make our stable release as good as it can be. As always, you can download the beta for free from our website, for Windows, MacOS, and Linux.
      • 95 replies
    • Print Core CC | Red for Ruby
      Q: For some users, abrasive materials may be a new subject matter. Can you explain what it is that makes a material abrasive when you are not sure which print core to use?
      A: Materials which are hard in a solid piece (like metals, ceramics and carbon fibers) will generally also wear down the nozzle. In general one should assume...
      • 30 replies
    • "Back To The Future" using Generative Design & Investment Casting
      Designing for light-weight parts is becoming more important, and I’m a firm believer in the need to produce lighter weight, less over-engineered parts for the future. This is for sustainability reasons because we need to be using less raw materials and, in things like transportation, it impacts the energy usage of the product during it’s service life.
      • 12 replies

Important Information

Welcome to the Ultimaker Community of 3D printing experts. Visit the following links to read more about our Terms of Use or our Privacy Policy. Thank you!