Is the "Heater board" from upgrade kit (original) necessary?

funkydrgonzo

Posted · Is the "Heater board" from upgrade kit (original) necessary?

Well. I suppose you talk about thr small pcb that comes with the bed upgrade?

That little board has a pt100 sensor, 24V to heat the bed and a bridge to keep all connected. So, you can't plug it just like that. I think the small board might be available if you ask to resellers. Maybe someone has one in stock?

Also maybe someone knows a trick or a pcb that works with that?

Edit. Maybe I'm wrong and you talking about this? https://www.youmagine.com/designs/ultimaker-heated-bed-mosfet-relay-hack-v2

It might not be too difficult to replace the damaged chip if you know how to solder or have a friend.

Maybe someone with more technical knowhow can chip in more suggestions?

Hi funkydrgonzo,

As I'll understand this is an upgraded UMO become an UMO+?

So you have a separated heat bed PCB with the PT100B sensor..

First, you cannot conect direct to the mother board in your printer!

You have to repair your old PCB or buy a new PCB.

I'll guess you mean Q2 here? Have tried to zoom into it but cannot see the type number on top of the Mosfet. Is it a burning mark going across?

Maybe someone else have this type number?

It is not that difficult to change this circuit, but you'll need some skill to do it.

If you can’t do it yourself, find a radio/electronics repair shop or maybe a friend (with this skill) as neotko suggested to help repairing your heat PCB.

There should be some more information about this PCB in github.com, a schematic would be nice to have, but I can't find it.

Good luck.

Thanks.

Torgeir.

Posted (edited) · Is the "Heater board" from upgrade kit (original) necessary?

The PcB info of the extra board is here

https://github.com/Ultimaker/HeatedBedUpgrade/tree/master/1527%20Heated%20Bed%20PCB

Edited by Guest

Great info neotko!

The (N)MOSFET you'll need is CSD18501A from Texas Instrument.

You can buy it here:

http://uk.rs-online.com/web/cp/8274877,8274877P/?sra=p&r=t

But min. order is 5 each. but it's not to bad.. RS is all over the globe, but this is the one in GB.

I've made some modification of your picture, so you'll see how to remove it and how it is orientated..

But you'll need a proper side cutter to do it, and knowledge how to proceed, -if you do not know - forget it and leave it to someone that do know.

OK., here's a picture with some info.

5a33247de3368_PCB_Heat_UMO.thumb.jpg.4ba542604c5c6f6a1b05351cec6e7477.jpg

Good luck.

Thanks.

Torgeir.

5a33247de3368_PCB_Heat_UMO.thumb.jpg.4ba542604c5c6f6a1b05351cec6e7477.jpg

• Like 1

Posted (edited) · Is the "Heater board" from upgrade kit (original) necessary?

hey guys

you're awesome. exactly what a friend said. "let's change the ic", he said :-D

from what i see in the scheme is that it's a IRF8736PBF from infineon or do i look wrong?

Unbenannt.thumb.PNG.76501b8ce2f403e4c06971632e2a0fa2.PNG

Unbenannt.thumb.PNG.76501b8ce2f403e4c06971632e2a0fa2.PNG

Edited by Guest

You're absolutely right, this is the one!

IRF8736PBF is also supplied by RS.

This one is used for the heat bed, and the "two" heat block (extruders) in the (UM2 - UM2+) as well. :)

Right on target.

Good luck.

Torgeir.

• Like 1