Cura 2.4 beta is here!

bagel-orb

Posted · Cura 2.4 beta is here!

One question about this version, have not yet tested it, but there seemed to be a bug in the 2.3 version with one at a time printing, where the retraction between prints was to big causing massive underextrusion at the start of the second print.

Is this issue corrected? (Just had one user report this issue in the french section). And had one customer with it too...

• Replies 95
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On Windows 10, I click on the icon, and nothing happens :)

Oh, sorry, I'm using linux...

As you guys might have noticed, Lulzbot is also working on Cura 2.x these days. They have already made a pull request that was a bit too late for 2.4 that adds a G-Code reader to Cura. They've also mentioned that they are going to work on better USB controls.

FieldOfView also made some mockups for how the jogging / remote control should look in Cura.

• Like 1

Cura 2.4 won't launch on my computer :(

https://ultimaker.com/en/community/35485-cura-24-beta-is-here?page=2#reply-167377

Thanks, it works !

Posted (edited) · Cura 2.4 beta is here!

Looks like there's still an issue, at least in Windows (7 in my case) not loading

I tried to be good.  Un-installed previous version (2.3.1) and installed 2.4 Beta.

Not launching.  I recall previously something had to be renamed somewhere in appdata last time, but can't seem to locate those details.  Help!

(At the rate you guys change versions, it would be really convenient if you nailed down this bug!)

(p.s. Keep getting Error 500's on your website today)

Edited by Guest

Looks like there's still an issue, at least in Windows (7 in my case) not loading

I tried to be good.  Un-installed previous version (2.3.1) and installed 2.4 Beta.

Not launching.  I recall previously something had to be renamed somewhere in appdata last time, but can't seem to locate those details.  Help!

(At the rate you guys change versions, it would be really convenient if you nailed down this bug!)

(p.s. Keep getting Error 500's on your website today)

The link to the answer is just one post above :)

Here's what it links to:

Won't load for me at all. The splash screen comes up and then it just closes. :(

Same was happening for me. I uninstalled 2.3 and then moved out the directory under Users/name/appdata/local/cura (or whatever, I'm going from memory). Then it came up fine.

I'm still not seeing cubic subdivision infill show up though in the layer view. This is a bummer, because this feature is the only reason I uninstalled 2.3 and installed 2.4 beta to begin with.

DidierKlein

Yes corrected.

But WHAT was moved? The comment "whatever" doesn't help me much :)

But WHAT was moved?  The comment "whatever" doesn't help me much :)

The directory Cura under appdata folder (just type appdata in your file explorer it should point to your directory.

Move that folder to a backup anywhere (so cut and paste)

Okay, I follow you now.

For others...

Using File Explorer, click over to

C:\Users\{Your profile name]\AppData\Local\

RIght click on the cura folder, select Rename, rename it 'cura.bak' (or whatever) and hit enter

Fire up Cura 2.4 Beta It'll take a few moments and then open

And...my first grievance! "Scale Large Models" on ON by default! FIX this! :D

I have seen that Cura 2.4 Beta 2 has been released. What are the changes ?

I have seen that Cura 2.4 Beta 2 has been released. What are the changes ?

See Thread

Here's a nice user-friendly changelog if you want to view it before installing: https://ultimaker.com/...cura-24-beta-is-here
    Edited by Guest
    • Like 1

I'm sorry, the Beta 2 has been published few days ago and I don't see thread update

The hollow prime tower has been removed in Cura 2.4 beta 2.

no it's not ......

tower.png.3e739df95de436684d92d9329bf9bc8d.png

no it's not ......

You are right, I have made a mistake.

I'm sorry, the Beta 2 has been published few days ago and I don't see thread update

Nor do I. I've been looking around the forum and not seeing a new thread on it?

>>snip

Who ever stops after just slicing?

Well me for one. I have always used Cura to slice and Repetier Host to control the printer - lots of advantages including usb connection. Cura is on one laptop and drops the STL onto a network drive and the printer laptop, attached via usb, pulls the stl from the network drive and prints it.

Of course if one is used to using Cura to print I can see the issue is a bit of a b*mmer. For me Cura morphing to just a slicer is OK.

Edited by Guest

Can I just add my request to the list to sort out the implementation process so that different versions of Cura can co-exist on the same laptop. I would love to get my teeth into 2.4 beta but I am too busy at the moment to risk screwing the machine and not being able to get 2.3.1 back quickly and correctly. Right now a loss of a days production would be disastrous and will remain so for some considerable time.

I guess I could spend 500eu on another laptop but that sort of defeats the object of Cura being free. Mind you I wold be happy to pay for Cura if this sort of thing was working.