Is the Ruby Nozzle for the Olsson Block for Sale?

Wisar

Posted · Is the Ruby Nozzle for the Olsson Block for Sale?

Really, 5-6 months! damn. I've used mine pretty heavily for the past year, still seem ok?

my first um2 is still on the same original nozzle, printed great when i left it after over a years of total abuse.

Looks like i have many tests to do! and nozzles to buy.

I think I may be at the smooth period of my nozzle! lol.

Well you print slow so maybe the erosion is much less, think that I print at 60-70mm/s

• Replies 83
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Posted (edited) · Is the Ruby Nozzle for the Olsson Block for Sale?

Ahh, true, but before, 50 was my standard, and i did a lot of 70 too (however that was with the original um2 nozzle)! im doing a 35 atm, lol. im after surface smoothness after all, and those damn stepper lines show too much printing faster. Im going to try a 50 tonight, just to comare, allowing the same time  to print as the 30 i normally do.

Edited by Guest

how hard is it to change a coupler on an UM2+?

I actually have a spare.

I just dont want to start and then be in the position of not being able to remove or something silly.

It is a lot easier than some of the other stuff that you have done with your printer! Just go for it...there must be a reason that the seller gave you a spare! I have done it numerous times without issue and it is easier now on the + than it was before.

Will

I actually have a spare.

I just dont want to start and then be in the position of not being able to remove or something silly.

It is a lot easier than some of the other stuff that you have done with your printer!  Just go for it...there must be a reason that the seller gave you a spare!  I have done it numerous times without issue and it is easier now on the + than it was before.

Will

Haha, yeah it was super easy. Less than 20 minutes to change one start to finish now.

I actually have a spare.

It is a lot easier than some of the other stuff that you have done with your printer!  Just go for it...there must be a reason that the seller gave you a spare!  I have done it numerous times without issue and it is easier now on the + than it was before.

Did it help though?

Will

Haha, yeah it was super easy. Less than 20 minutes to change one start to finish now.

Exactly!   The pre "+" printer had a compressed spring that made it a little more exciting as once in a while the spring would come shooting out like a little rocket.

Edited by Guest

Well, I'm glad you took care of that for me boss.

All the tweaking, cleaning and adjustment appears to have cleared up most of the underextrusion.

For those following, I think what had happened over time is that because the um2+ is just so reliable, gradually I'd been tweaking up layer height, and speed without giving thought to temperature.

Where I used to print at .1 at 30 full time, gradually my default had become .2 at 55 and the nozzle change happened somewhere in the middle.

I still think I need to use slightly hotter than with a regular, but we're talking 10 degrees ish.

I think I've reached end game with this setup now, heavily inspired by wisar's mancave (and budget unfortunately) but it's almost a set and forget setup now.

I have a pi mounted underneath, a camera inside with adjustable focus, removable tablet for monitoring and also stopping / loading prints using octopi, enclosure with HEPA filter and of course the jewel in the crown (pun), the Olsson Ruby.

I think that is me done until I can afford an UM3 or perhaps another IDEX style printer, jealous of all this PVA usage.

dA4yRKn.jpg

Well, I'm glad you took care of that for me boss.

All the tweaking, cleaning and adjustment appears to have cleared up most of the underextrusion.

For those following, I think what had happened over time is that because the um2+ is just so reliable, gradually I'd been tweaking up layer height, and speed without giving thought to temperature.

Where I used to print at .1 at 30 full time, gradually my default had become .2 at 55 and the nozzle change happened somewhere in the middle.

I still think I need to use slightly hotter than with a regular, but we're talking 10 degrees ish.

I think I've reached end game with this setup now, heavily inspired by wisar's mancave (and budget unfortunately) but it's almost a set and forget setup now.

I have a pi mounted underneath, a camera inside with adjustable focus, removable tablet for monitoring and also stopping / loading prints using octopi, enclosure with HEPA filter and of course the jewel in the crown (pun), the Olsson Ruby.

I think that is me done until I can afford an UM3 or perhaps another IDEX style printer, jealous of all this PVA usage.

dA4yRKn.jpg

I think that your setup of that printer is well beyond mine (I still print from SD cards though I did have an single board micro driving a printer a while back)! I do have a UM3 next to my remaining 2+ though so I have you there! I am still thinking that I need an SLA or DLP printer but am holding myself back. I have so many half done projects at this point that it is getting silly.

I think that your setup of that printer is well beyond mine (I still print from SD cards though I did have an single board micro driving a printer a while back)!  I do have a UM3 next to my remaining 2+ though so I have you there!  I am still thinking that I need an SLA or DLP printer but am holding myself back.  I have so many half done projects at this point that it is getting silly.

Octoprint combined with Printoid for android really enhances the printer for me, its just annoying that you cant control it once it's in host mode. Cheap upgrade really (an old pi2 and a cheap camera).

Haha, you know what, I was thinking the same about SLA and with the Wanhao D7 being £400 I was tempted, however, the fact that when printing flat objects you've gotta tilt them, then deal with removing thick supports etc means that for 99% of the things I print (usually box shaped practical things) SLA would just end up being more of a ball-ache than a benefit.

For tiny models like you're into though yeah, I can see it being a real benefit.

Happy to take that UM3 off your hands when you progress though, you wouldn't want it sat around collecting dust.

Edited by Guest

The Olsson Ruby nozzle is now available in 0.6 and 0.8mm sizes, and a version to fit E3D Volcano / Lulzbot MOARstruder is upcoming :-)

uOIXKqm.jpg

Edited by Guest
    • Like 2