The photo you showed of the diamond pattern in the filament is normal. That indicates you have a good tension on the filament.
60mm/sec at 210C and .2 layer height is quite fast. That's about the limit I can do on any of my 5 UM printers. I would never print that fast normally - I prefer to go about half that speed. Here is a table of limiting recommended speeds.
ere are my recommended top speeds for .2mm layers (twice as fast for .1mm layers) and .4mm nozzle:
20mm/sec at 200C
30mm/sec at 210C
40mm/sec at 225C
50mm/sec at 240C
Of course the printer can indeed print that fast but barely such that the slightest problem can cause underextrusion and even failure.
In your case I agree it was the tightly wound filament near the end of the spool which adds to the friction both in the bowden and especially in the teflon part in the print head. However I recommend printing either thinner layers or slower speeds or higher temperatures.
As there have been no answers since, I decided to repeat the printing.
After a second printing failed (again due to abrased filament), I started a third one where I continually observed the feed.
I concluded that the crux of the matter was in the filament spool. The filament was so densely packed that the filament cycles blocked each other, resulting in slowing down the feed an eventually stopping it. I unwound the entire spool, so the filament was loosely lying on it. Such, I finally could successfully finish the print.
I hope to help others with this solution, the topic can be closed.Edited by Guest
Link to post
Share on other sites