PVA not sticking on glass

markus_oswald

Posted · PVA not sticking on glass

I do it also sometimes when I am in hurry, but I have the feeling that the adhesion is better if you distribute the glue with a wet tissue.

As @SteveCox3D once told me, "The thinner the layer of glue between two surfaces, the better the bonding." If he notices this, I will let him explain since he has the technical knowledge that would make better sense.

And, As I have made my PVA into thinner layers, it does bond much better than before. <------This is the best I have to offer....duuurrrrhhhh

Oh, and the glue sticks are some sort of PVA, I believe.

Your initial PVA layer is too far off the bed.  I've caught Cura doing this a few times, I think it is a bug.  "initial layer height" would get kicked to .27mm (when printing .1mm layer height), which would result in the bead of PVA not being squished into the glass.  I change that "initial layer height" to something around 1.5x my layer height. 

Not sure how to thin prittstick? But may give it a go. I guess it leaves less room for air to get in the gaps? But thats just a guess....

I have some washable glue stick I am going to try.

I recommend not to use just any glue stick, but the one supplied by Ultimaker. All glue sticks are not created equal. 

A lot of effort was put into testing, and the Uhu sticks came out best. I’m not saying other sticks don’t work as well, but i’m Sure there are other glue sticks who definitely perform worse.