Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Rossboss

Nozzle Will Not Cool

The "wait a moment for Printcore 1 to cool down" progress bar on my Ultimaker 3 is frozen. I'm just going to restart the printer but this is not the first time this has happened. In general it seems like the cooling process is taking longer as well. Why could this be happening?

Thanks!

Did you change the bed temp manually? I ask because I found a bug to make that and is adjusting the core temp +X amount while the bed heats. That creates a bug (that I forgot to write anywhere @daid)

So. If you launch a print after a print. The cores MUST (silly imo) cool to 50C before they heat again (waste of time that must be for some security reason?). So, if while the bed heats you change one or other core to +X amount of temp, then the core never reaches the 50C that the firmware wants to start heating the cores.

Did I explain myself?

Basically, don't set an temp+ until the cores start heating, or you will be on the heating cores stage at infinitum).