Pausing while printing error

3DSVP

Posted · Pausing while printing error

Hi there, i'm currently trying to get a printer to work again after some errors,

all electronics were replaced, firmware updated and all, it will start to print fine until.....

When a print has started it will start as normal, but after a random amount of time the print will just pause/stop it still shows that it is printing, but it won't continue, the head just stays put in position.

Sometimes what happened was that it paused for a second at one spot and the resumed.

Now I know that when printing with usb this last error could occur due to the usb speed, however, I've only printed from the sd-card so far.

So any help would be greatly appreciated, if more info is needed please let me know!

Thanks in advance, regards, Raymond Oomen

What printer is this?

Is it happening with old gcodes that worked fine?

Is the head going somewhere and waiting? or is it freezing?

Pause at height plugin is disabled in cura?

Did you eject the sd card safely from the computer?

It is the ultimaker2, it is happening with any gcode at the moment, which on other machines worked fine. The printhead is just freezing in position, no parking whatsoever. Pause at height is indeed disabled, and sd card was safely removed.

It happens randomly, sometimes you think it's going fine, and then after 10mm it happens, and other times after the first or second layer. Nothing in particular really.

The board is an official ultimaker board, it happened after installing it and after updating the firmware.

The firmware was updated via cura so that's official. I also had a spare display controller, and tried replacing that later on, to no use.

Hate to bump, but any ideas on the issue?

Hate to bump, but any ideas on the issue?

Did you try with a different sd card? I had that on my umo+ (same board) with a bad sd card. Also can happen if you don't eject it properly after saving the gcode (leaving a unfinished gcode).

• Like 1

Yes i tried multiple sd cards all giving the same result, when saving a gcode I always make sure to leave the sd card for a few seconds after saving before safely removing the sd card.

Dunno... Could you make a boring video of a fail print? Also like @didierKlein asked, does it happens when the fans go on? Maybe is the Power Brick?

When it freezes the temp goes down or all stays as it is?

I'll try and make a video when i have the chance,

it happens at a random point, it has happened before fans turning on, and a few minutes after they turned on.

When it freezes the temperature stays as it is, and is still being controlled, i can still access the tune menu too and even alter the temperature

I would suggest to try USB printing...

If that works then your SD-card reader is probably faulty -- from your post I understand you already changed the main board, but not the smaller 'controller' board...

I will try if printing with usb makes a difference, but, I had also replaced the controller board already