Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
xperiment

Ultimaker 2 - Z-axis broken?!

Hi, during my last prints with my Ultimaker 2 (first version) I had the issue that the z-axis was moving down a few millimeters. In some posts there was mentioned that a modified mA of the z-axis could be the solution - it was not.

Now, I can´t even move the axis from the main menu. It does´nt response to the input. Only the error message "z-switch broken" appear. But the switch is okay, there´s nothing between the switch. But the whole z-axis does not response to any inputs.

The stepper motor runs well and light. I think thats also not the problem. What can it be? The mainboard?

Hi

is this the same issue but posted in Deutsch?

I am having similar issues. No activity from the Z axis for the bed height, no movement or activation. All wires look correct, no visible damage. LED says z-switch error, however z-switch is clear and 'clicks'.

This has happened while i have been trying to fix a short on the heating wires, but have no idea why the bed z movement has now failed!!!

Additionally, main board is super hot to touch?

How do i check to see if the motor is getting power?

Yes, I have controlled the cable with a voltmeter. Bothe wires are connected well.

I have also tested the stepper motor, he´s running well on a different axis. So the problem is not a broken switch and not a broken motor. Seems like the board is cracked...what do you mean?