Another Ultimaker 3, another issue !

fabreax

Posted (edited) · Another Ultimaker 3, another issue !

After several issues with my Ultimaker 3 (solved with a waste of time), I have bought 2 new UM3.

This is the first start :

IMG_20170120_113809.thumb.jpg.b5f8653c0917926a76c25298dded4f62.jpg

I cannot update the firwmare because I cannot see the menu !

What the hell are you doing at Ultimaker (@SandervG) ! Is it a 4500€ quality control ?!

(you can also see a bad cut of the white plate below ER25 text)

IMG_20170120_113809.thumb.jpg.b5f8653c0917926a76c25298dded4f62.jpg

Edited by Guest

Posted · Another Ultimaker 3, another issue !

Hi Fabreaux, I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing difficulties with your new Ultimaker 3.

Have you followed the instructions from the site, where it says to install the latest stable firmware?

Did that solve your problem?

Our apologies for the sloppy cutwork in the frame. If you are dissatisfied with the general quality, please reach out to your reseller and you can find a suiting solution.

I will also forward the photo to our QC, so it can be used to optimize our processes. Thank you notifying us.

If there is anything I can do for you, please let me know.

Just spoke with one of our technical engineers. She said there could be 2 reasons for this error message. Either an error in the firmware update, or an issue with a flat cable.

The flat cable runs behind the Z-motor and controls your motion controller. It is either not connected properly or broken. It is generally not advised due to static electricity to fiddle around with your electronics, given that context I would recommend to get in touch with your reseller and look for the best solution.

Let me know if you have any further questions!

• Like 1

Thanks SandervG for your help. The french resseller don't want to give me a new one ! He wants to repair it !

This is how I received it :

IMG_20170120_094855.thumb.jpg.aed4290876fc4f733f5e38e7284dfcde.jpg

IMG_20170120_094904.thumb.jpg.4dae8190424a970c2a8736202a77cfb2.jpg

I don't know how I will receive it after 2 new shipping.

I will receive a "repaired" UM3 which is not what I have bought. I have bought a NEW professionnal high quality printer !

I'm very disapointed with 2 UM3, only 1 UM3 had no issue.

IMG_20170120_094855.thumb.jpg.aed4290876fc4f733f5e38e7284dfcde.jpg

IMG_20170120_094904.thumb.jpg.4dae8190424a970c2a8736202a77cfb2.jpg

Hi Fabreax, thank you for your message.

First of all, I am happy you have spoken to your reseller and the wheels are set in motion to, at least, address your issue and get you back to 3D printing as soon as possible with your Ultimaker 3's.

The packaging should suffice to ship your Ultimaker back, and forth. If your reseller thinks differently, they will replace your packaging with new protection.

No point in shipping an Ultimaker 3 if you know it is going to arrive damaged. So I would try and not worry too much about it.

I don't know what the exact agreement is you made with your reseller, but what is most important is that you will receive back a working Ultimaker 3, no? Your Ultimaker 3 was new, and at the very least will be put back into a new condition. Depending on what you agreed upon, you might receive your Ultimaker 3 back, or a new one. But I think the difference between your new Ultimaker 3, which is restored to be new, or an original new one is neglectable, as they both have none to almost no print hours on them, and they should both run effortlessly when you use it.

If you have any further questions, feel free to ask! Have a great day!

Posted (edited) · Another Ultimaker 3, another issue !

Hi @SandervG The resseller has not been able to repair it quickly so he sends me a new one. This one is good (it works ! ,white frame is ok, z is ok, pulley setup is ok).

However, it is a resseller choice, not the the french distributor choice.

Edited by Guest