Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
jetten3d

all metal hot end for UM3

Well, if you ask me there is only one single reason to go all-metal, and that is to print with plastics in the 300C+ range, so more or less PEI and PEEK, and for those you more or less need a enclosed heated chamber to print.

For everything else... the current Core design is way better.

Edited by Guest

Brass is a metal but the bottom of the brass nozzle will wear out quickly if you print abrasive filaments.  You can however get a steel nozzle for UM3 cores.  Since you are in canada you should get it at my store: thegr5store.com.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Announcements

• Our picks

• Architect Design Contest | Vehicles.
      We're open for entries! - Design and submit your 3D designs of architectural entourage - vehicles - for a chance to win a large filament pack. Presenting an idea, an architectural design or something as big as an urban project isn't easy. A scaled model can really help to get your idea across.
      • 10 replies
    • What The DfAM?
      I'm Steve Cox, an experienced engineer familiar with 3D printing. I wanted to share some DfAM guidelines with this community to help and make stronger parts.
      I'm also an Autodesk Certified Instructor for Fusion 360, so many of the images in ...
        • Thanks
      • 17 replies

Important Information

Welcome to the Ultimaker Community of 3D printing experts. Visit the following links to read more about our Terms of Use or our Privacy Policy. Thank you!