Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
kmanstudios

Confessions of a clumsy noob

Hey there. Got my Ultimaker 3 extended about 2.5 weeks ago. Didn't touch it as I was busy and distracted until last Saturday. Been having a blast. It has been fun. This machine is cool and forgiving. Clumsy..see?

But, I am playing around and just having fun. It's been running for the last week now and any issues have been user error and well...a noob.

But, I am getting prints out and even got NinjaTek Semiflex to print decently. Well, to my inexperience I am happy.

Soooo much fun to learn!!

DinoCompare.jpg

The Allosaurus model is mine. I have been playing with downloaded files too. The PLA Dino is printed at normal with a length of 6". The SemiFlex was printed in Draft mode. Man that Semiflex is BLACK!!! Hard to photograph. >_<

Been playing with hard lock ball and socket joints, soft lock with the semiflex and just having a ball! Wheeeee!

Been doing that thing where you just keep fiddling with it. Learned a lot of stupid things like keep your hands out of the build area when running...pause instead if you gotta play in the area. Duhhhhh.....

Great Machine :) Gotta build a dry box feeder. Wow the PVA is popping and such. But still only a week in. :) Time is on my side, I hope. ;)