Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
somewhereinla

Another Error Temp sensor BED on UM2

Curiously I have started getting this error since I upgraded to the latest software Cura/UM2...

After testing the machine and switching the bed from temp3 to temp1 on the board to figure out if the problem was the board or the bed, I concluded the bed was most likely the culprit. However when I got the new plate and cable, I immediately noticed that unlike the original set of cables which have colors (Blue, Brown- and Brown and white (which attach to temp3 connector ), the new one are Grey/Grey and Black/Black (which attach to temp3 connector) How do you know which connectors attach where on the temp bed? or does it matter?

Is there a video that describe the process? I swear I saw one sometime ago and can't find it again...?

Thank you.

Hi,

For the gray and black style heated bed cable, the thick gray wires are going to be your heater wires, and those are interchangeable with each other as long as the gray ones are both in the Heated Bed slots. The same goes for the two thin black wires; they're interchangeable as long as they're both in the temp sensor pins.

IMG_5957.thumb.JPG.208e26174e08b66439afc80e3a30f426.JPG

Edited by Guest

Hi,

For the gray and black style heated bed cable, the thick gray wires are going to be your heater wires, and those are interchangeable with each other as long as the gray ones are both in the Heated Bed slots. The same goes for the two thin black wires; they're interchangeable as long as they're both in the temp sensor pins.

A bit offtopic. Do the new beds have solderless connections like the um3 cores?

Hi,

A bit offtopic. Do the new beds have solderless connections like the um3 cores?

Thank you for posting a picture. Very helpful.