Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
igen3dprinting

Ultimaker 3 Bed not heating

The bed of my ultimaker 3 is not heating up. I'm not sure if this is an issue with the printer or with the cura 2.1 software I am using. When the g code is sent to the printer via network or by usb, the printer does not recognise that the bed needs to be heated.(when I go into the tune feature on the printer it says 18/0). This issue occurred when I switched the filament in the first extruder from pla to abs

I'm also having this issue! I can't understand it. The profile is correct, Cura is in its latest version and it was even working fine before.

Previously I printed with PLA and the warm bed was no problem. The pre-printing sequence went bed levelling -> print core heating -> bed heating -> print. Now it seems to be straight-up skipping the bed heating stage and just trying to print straight onto a completely cold bed!

Edit: User error. Turns out there was a new Cura update last week and this seems to have solved the problem (and also tightened up a whole bunch of other little UM3 niggles like jerky video feeding, etc)

Edited by Guest